Looking drab after shed.

My 4 month old female Cham shed 3 days ago and since she has been brown like this up until she sleeps and is basking alot. I just want to make sure she is ok. She hasnt been to interested in food since, although she has eaten appox 5-10 crickets in the past 3 days.

Attachments

• DSCN3005[1].jpg
    DSCN3005[1].jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCN3003[1].jpg
    DSCN3003[1].jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 180
* Your Chameleon - Veiled - 4 months
* Handling - Rarely
* Feeding - Crickets daily (was eating 10-15/day - now maybe 10 in the past 3 days) mealworms randomly(calcium and multi vita.)
* Supplements - Calcium daily and cal with D3 and multi vita every 2 weeks.
* Watering - Mistking - 3 times daily for 2min - 5min - 5min
* Fecal Description -Mostly black and white

Cage Info:

* Cage Type -30x30x48 mesh enclosure
* Lighting - Reptiglo 5.0 linear fluros
* Temperature - Basking around 90-95 with different levels of basking avail, at night time its in the mid 60's to low 70's and day time mid 70's
* Humidity - 50-80%
* Plants - Umbrella and ficus benjimina
* Placement - Located in bedroom - top of cage sits at 6/12 feet from floor
* Location - dallas texas

You will want to lower her basking temperatures unless you want her laying more (eggs) and thus shortening her lifespan. The same goes for feeding a female too much.

I'm having issues loading the pictures - she may just be maturing.

Nothing new in the cage or room everything has been there since the day she was introduced to her cage. I have observed her for the past two mornings, and she is staying very low in the cage and today she actually made her way to the floor, but at least she was partially green. Should I go ahead and introduce a tub for laying eggs?

I'm disappointed in us

WHY HAVEN'T WE CAUGHT THIS?

* Temperature - Basking around 90-95 with different levels of basking avail, at night time its in the mid 60's to low 70's and day time mid 70's

sorry we did not catch this. that basking temp is outstandingly way too hot for ANY chameleon that age, and being a female, you want to try your very best to never ever even let her see those temperatures. she is going to the ground because she is too too hot and the bottom of the cage is the coolest part of the whole cage. she has probably lost appetite, or hate to say it, but may have done some internal damage to her * God forbid and that is a worst case scenario**.

Just lower her temps to around 78 degrees basking. the one thing that is most likely keeping her a tad bit comfortable are the mistings, so just keep misting, bring the temps down and offer some food, maybe even different feeders. hope this helps

The 90-95 range is what the temp is at the top portion of cage, the probe sits about 4 inches under a 60watt incandescent I just probed the lower portions and they are reading 87 - 81 and 76, these are the different levels of basking areas once inside the cage. So should I still get the basking lamp off the cage a bit more? She does have her options. :)

The 90-95 range is what the temp is at the top portion of cage, the probe sits about 4 inches under a 60watt incandescent I just probed the lower portions and they are reading 87 - 81 and 76, these are the different levels of basking areas once inside the cage. So should I still get the basking lamp off the cage a bit more? She does have her options. :)
i have my thermometers attached to the basking perch its self, i ziptie with the probe sticking upward, the chams come and go and move it but its as easy as a quick fix. you want her basking perch (vine) the temp of about 78. i would raise it to 80-81 degree basking when she is 7-8 months old

Syn already pointed that out.
sorry i just read "you should lower the temps, and then stuff about eggs", i thought i'd clearify it, its to dangerous to just say lower the temps, and explain about eggs when she isnt even mature. chameleons can internally do damage to themselves upon other things from too hot of temperatures

Here she is basking today, about 2-3 hours after lights on. Also, I have raised the basking light, so we will see how she reacts. Ill keep you posted, and thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN3006[1].jpg
    DSCN3006[1].jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 145
Back
Top Bottom