Longest living Chameleon species

chnk

Thinking about getting a second chameleon soon. It seems most have a lifespan of an average 5+ years, is there any species that live longer?

was looking into the giant spiny chameleon because they are said to live 7+ years?

Generally the "mountain" chams live longer than the "rain forest" chams. A good panther/veiled/oust/spiny will last 7 years if its a male and captive bred.

If my info is correct the oustalet's chameleon can live up to 15 years. The longest living cham species i know of is the parson's they can live 15 to 20 years i believe.

If my info is correct the oustalet's chameleon can live up to 15 years. The longest living cham species i know of is the parson's they can live 15 to 20 years i believe.

From what i understand through research- it is surely the parsons.

there are also many members on here who have had a panther of veiled for 9-10 years

husbandry is a big factor in this, however part of me believes its also due to its owner- whether they gave them the time of day or not.

I am not sure, but I remember hearing that it was the Montane species of chameleon. My oldest chameleon was a Jackson Xantho. He lived to be 9+ years. Sadly, he past away early this year.

man the parsons chameleons are pretty expensive o.o

Currently, I think they are the priciest chameleon. They are considered to be the Holy Grail of the chameleon world. Only the most skilled and wealthy breeders can breed them...Hehe, they sound almost mythical huh.

Back
Top Bottom