Long journey to a new cage!

Hannah04

About 10 months ago we started our adventure of building a custom made cage for our Panther Chameleon, Sully! We were excited to try out all that we had learned about building a cage from the forum! So we went to the store, gathered our supplies and we started out building, and by we started out building I actually mean my awesome boyfriend Justyn started building! :)

Part way though building we had to stop all production, because while cutting some wood for the base, Justyn cut his hand on a table saw!! :( he was even off work for 2 weeks! After many hospital visits, many stitches, physiotherapy, waiting to hear about surgeries and if they were needed and lots of healing time Justyn got back to it a couple months ago and with the help of his dad and brother we now have a beautiful finished cage!

I am so excited to finally have it home, and to begin setting it up for our boy!
Now hopefully if I did this right (although they are usually sideways), you can see a picture of my beautiful custom built cage and the size difference that Sully is going to love, that lots of blood, sweat, and my tears (haha) went into building! :)

image.jpg

The cage looks great!
In woodworking, it's not a matter of if, but when is there going to be an accident. Those new table saws that emergency stop when the blade hits a hand are amazing pieces of equipment. Good luck to a full recovery.

The cage looks great!
In woodworking, it's not a matter of if, but when is there going to be an accident. Those new table saws that emergency stop when the blade hits a hand are amazing pieces of equipment. Good luck to a full recovery.

Thank you! Recovery is coming along great and he almost has full movement in all his fingers again! :)

Anyone have any suggestions or think I should add anything? We do have a pothos that will go in when I get the supplies to hang it, hopefully tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom