Lola First Shed & A Question

cradle2crayons

Hi everyone!

I posted for the fist time a few days ago ( I am new here and new Cham owner).
Lola shed today for the first time (with me) and she seems to be doing great.
She is still eating a lot and she is acting like she normally does.

The question I have is, on the 2nd photo I am posting below, I can see a
big wrinkle on her skin, is this normal? Is this part of shedding?

These two photos were taken seconds apart from each other,
but in one she looks puffy and healthy and the other she looks skinny and wrinkled?!?

shedgirl.jpg

shedgirl3.jpg

She looks fine to me. It looks like she is acting aggressive and they usually look like that and then they puff up. It might also be helping her shed.

I don't like the wrinkle - hey what woman would right?j/k It might be find but I will ask someone more knowledgable than me to take a look for us.

Sometimes loose wrinkled skin can be a sigh of dehydration. You can bump up her misting a little it will help with her shedding as well

Sometimes loose wrinkled skin can be a sigh of dehydration. You can bump up her misting a little it will help with her shedding as well

Oh you're probably right. I saw it happen to my female Veiled right after I picked her up from burying her eggs. She wasn't shedding either. She was being really aggressive at the time too.

That was the only thing I could think of, but I don't really know if it is caused by anything else. i am sure you know way more about this than I do so thanks for helping.

It looks to me like she's "sucking in" before puffing out. But, extra misting is rarely a bad thing and it might make her more comfortable.

I don't think the wrinkle is a problem. I see this with my panther babies occasionally. They will puff up and then deflate when their getting a little stressed. The gaping is another sure sign she is not enjoying the camera ;)Dez's suggestion is a good one. Mist a little more. Have you checked her droppings to make sure she is not showing any sign of dehydration? If her urates are nice and white I would not worry about it at all. Good looking girl.

Back
Top Bottom