Locust breeding (pictures)

How do you guys get them to lay eggs. I find it hard to keep any humidity in the soil, since the enclosure is so warm. I have seen several matings now, but no laying, so I am assuming that they don't want to deposit in the substrate that I am providing.

How do you guys get them to lay eggs. I find it hard to keep any humidity in the soil, since the enclosure is so warm. I have seen several matings now, but no laying, so I am assuming that they don't want to deposit in the substrate that I am providing.

I have got care sheets if you want to buy a copy? The care sheets are a step by step how to and I have not got a problem answering questions about what has worked for me.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Thanks Jeremy but I think I will try another substrate, and see if that fixes it.

I noticed something really odd today. The grasshoppers had split into two groups. All the fully grown with wings were at the bottom, while all the younger ones were hanging from the ceiling sort of pulsing their body. It wasn't a 100% devition but pretty damn close.

Pictures of the above described...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 107
Pictures of the above described...

Just a thought, I saw a mini documentary on locust swarms, and if they run out of food, they will quickly become cannibalistic which is why they must swarm to survive sometimes because they eat so much so fast, the little ones are likely avoiding the adults because they are scared of being eaten or bullied away from food! I would separate them, so they all eat and relax!

Back
Top Bottom