locality parsoni

There are regular Yellow Giants and there are Orange Eye Yellow Giants. That maybe a young Orange Eye Yellow Giant.

http://mongabay.s3.amazonaws.com/madagascar/600/madagascar_0218.jpg

Where did you hear this? I do not agree on this one.
Most of the C.parsonii locales are isolated in "small" forest fragments or plantations near forest edges. The "orange eye" has the biggest distribution area, and they too differ in colours, So what is a "real" orange eye yellow giant?
I have seen "orange eyes" with greenish, red and black eyes.

check out this link, then you guys can decide for your self ;-)
http://kamaeleoner.dk/artsgalleri/85-c-parsonii.html

Where did you hear this? I do not agree on this one.
Most of the C.parsonii locales are isolated in "small" forest fragments or plantations near forest edges. The "orange eye" has the biggest distribution area, and they too differ in colours, So what is a "real" orange eye yellow giant?
I have seen "orange eyes" with greenish, red and black eyes.

check out this link, then you guys can decide for your self ;-)
http://kamaeleoner.dk/artsgalleri/85-c-parsonii.html

By saying that Orange Eyes vary in color you from location to location you are somewhat agreeing with me. I'm just stating this for Yellow Giants or (I prefer Honey Parsons or Golden Giants probably coming from the gold country). It is just something I have noticed from pictures of male Yellow Giants in pictures from in the wild. It would have to be confirmed and proven though in their natural habitat in larger forest fragments. It may be something that people are over looking as it is a small color variation. Some males Yellow Giants have got eyes that are the same color as their body while others have got eyes that are bright orange. It could turn out to be just a variation with in the population as sign of healthy genetics showing phenotypes. Which would be great news for Yellow Giant populations.

I too have known about the variation in the color of Orange Eye Parsonii for a long time. Such as the great specimens from Nosy Bohara.

Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Well Im not sure what i would call them, but orange eyes is just a missleading name IMO.

Alot of people have theories about how the different locales looks like and where they each comes from, but the fact is, most people have only seen a few pictures of the same animals and most of them, from captivity.

Animals from Anosibe an-ala (where Olaf Pronk first found them and named them yellow giants), vary in colours and can have both orange, dark and greenish eye colours, depending on the age of the animal. Stressed animals show darker colours, like most chameleons.

we try to gather as many pictures in our species-gallery as possible, so people can compare colours, shape etc.

Well Im not sure what i would call them, but orange eyes is just a missleading name IMO.

Alot of people have theories about how the different locales looks like and where they each comes from, but the fact is, most people have only seen a few pictures of the same animals and most of them, from captivity.

Animals from Anosibe an-ala (where Olaf Pronk first found them and named them yellow giants), vary in colours and can have both orange, dark and greenish eye colours, depending on the age of the animal. Stressed animals show darker colours, like most chameleons.

we try to gather as many pictures in our species-gallery as possible, so people can compare colours, shape etc.

I'm just looking forward to the possibility that with the discovery of Calumma tarzan in the Anosibe an-ala region that there have been legitimate talks about making a preserve in that region. That would conserve possibly Yellow or Golden Giant Parsonii. If I locate that article am I'm going to post the link. Yellow Giants and Red Eye Parsonii (who knows exactly where they are from) are the only two kinds of Parsonii that are not conserved in their natural habitat.

Here's the link to the article.
http://novataxa.blogspot.com/2011/12/2010-calumma-tarzan.html

They are not posting an abstract just a title Sorry.

Last edited:
well C. tarzan does live in the newly protected Ampotaka forest (Anosibe An’Ala District, Alaotra-Mangoro Region). The project was promoted by Christian Randrianantoandro (from CSG) and his organization which
works closely with the local communities in this area.

The "yellow giants" does live in the protected Vohimana NP!!

Im not sure about this "red eye" form, as we have no proof if its a real local, a mix or induvidual colours.

well C. tarzan does live in the newly protected Ampotaka forest (Anosibe An’Ala District, Alaotra-Mangoro Region). The project was promoted by Christian Randrianantoandro (from CSG) and his organization which
works closely with the local communities in this area.

The "yellow giants" does live in the protected Vohimana NP!!

Im not sure about this "red eye" form, as we have no proof if its a real local, a mix or induvidual colours.

About that note of already being protected thanks for informing me. It is great to hear "Yellow Giants" are already protected by a National Park. I was not antiquated with that data. That is great news actually.

Decide on your own about the Red Eyes however I have only seen two keepers with them and they seem to be much different from normal Orange Eyes. To me they appear to be a new locale or phase.

Last edited:
hi
what do you think about this guy??

he looks like mine.

90DF6957-2ACB-4405-AE37-55CB28C82604-88048-00001B848773D692_zps3f97a68e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom