Living moss at the bottom

Mawtyplant

Chameleon Enthusiast
All right! big question! one person told me this can be a danger.. any experience here? (housing my bradypodion in bioactive viv, all with, dirt, plants moss, isopods, earthworm etc. etc at the bottom) what danger can this cause?

81311152_10162581830370433_871073033245163520_o.jpg

I feel like this is another one of those oversimplified tales of caution from the helicopter keepers. They will almost always say it’s a impaction threat if accidentally ingested, but isn’t everything small enough to fit in their mouth an impaction threat?

I’ve never kept this species, just my thoughts....

Agreed with brody, I've used moss in my enclosures which were heavily bioactive. Never had problems and I've even seen my chams spit stuff out that was too large(like a giant dead leaf). I guess the one danger could be with moss species that have the sharp spines.

Thank both of you! I though you were right too like "no coco fibre became "no substrat in any way.. " and well its my advices when the keeper lack of experience but moss is part of bioactive and since they donc munch it it will stay attached to the moss floor. and if this in ingested in small amount.. this is vegetal? should the not jut pass this like any other vegetation pieces?

I feel like this is another one of those oversimplified tales of caution from the helicopter keepers. They will almost always say it’s a impaction threat if accidentally ingested, but isn’t everything small enough to fit in their mouth an impaction threat?

I’ve never kept this species, just my thoughts....
(you should keep bradypodion!! everybody need Brady!)

I also have Orchid bark and moss in my bottom tray.
I find that beyond GREATLY holding humidity in, it also looks good.
My Chameleons don't seem to ever hunt down there. And these peices are too large to swallow even if they tried.

Last edited:
Is that a female brady in your picture? I got a male Nottingham road from Bill Strand awhiles back and havent been able to find a female to breed him with.

Back
Top Bottom