Live plants soil?

JuniorC

Avid Member
Ok so for live plants I'm aware you should cover the top layer with river rock to prevent the cham from eating the soil. So I have a few live plants from home depot and gonna be putting some into new containers with indoor miracle grow. Should I be fine as long as I cover the soil? Or must I replant everything in other soil mix? Advice please

Ok so for live plants I'm aware you should cover the top layer with river rock to prevent the cham from eating the soil. So I have a few live plants from home depot and gonna be putting some into new containers with indoor miracle grow. Should I be fine as long as I cover the soil? Or must I replant everything in other soil mix? Advice please

I would use a plain dirt / potting mix. Organic with no added stuffs. I, personally, wouldn't use the Miracle Grow.

The soil should say "Organic Potting Soil" There are a ton of different brands, but as long as it says that, you should be fine.

Honestly, idk the difference between indoor and outdoor organic potting soil. I don't think it matters too much. You just want to avoid anything that has chemicals/fertilizers in it.

Thanks. Any way you can guide me on exactly what soil/potting mix? Dont want to use wrong stuff

Sunshine Mix #4 like 20 bucks for a Giant bag at Home Depot. Bags purple (at HD).

Avoiding fertilizers, as is frequently suggested. Is not good for the plants, and not realistic. Just use natural fertilizers, such as Worm Castings, Bat Guana, add Isopods to create more ect.

Back
Top Bottom