Live food for the UK?

bryantt

Hi,

So I have a veiled chameleon who appear to be terrified of his food!

The only food he will eat is hand fed Hoopers, Locust or wax worms...

Hes too scared of other bugs he literally does everything he can to get away. If im rushing and don't have time for him to mess about when I try and give him his food I will leave a locust or hopper in his cage but wont touch it ...

So what feeders can you reccoment, anything slow moving suits him... I was thinking moths perhaps but I can find anywhere that sells them?

By hoppers I assume your talking about crickets "sorry I live in the states" around here usually the only feeders we can find in the pet stores is crickets, super worms, wax worms, and mill worms. If you want anything other than that like silk worms, butter worms, horn worms, stick bugs, mantis, calci worms, Dubai roaches, solder fly larva, and solder flies you have to buy off line. That's the way it is here in the states I can only assume it's about the same for you. Good luck. :)

By hoppers I assume your talking about crickets "sorry I live in the states" around here usually the only feeders we can find in the pet stores is crickets, super worms, wax worms, and mill worms. If you want anything other than that like silk worms, butter worms, horn worms, stick bugs, mantis, calci worms, Dubai roaches, solder fly larva, and solder flies you have to buy off line. That's the way it is here in the states I can only assume it's about the same for you. Good luck. :)

Hoppers are a nickname for juvenile locusts that haven't got their wings yet.

Hoppers are a nickname for juvenile locusts that haven't got their wings yet.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I'll try to remember in case it comes up again. Cultures so diverse and fun even within our own country. That's like when someone is getting into something they shouldn't be in we say they are nibing, or being a nib nose. Just a state further down it's called pilfering and they have no idea what you are talking about when you say nibing. Actually that might just be a northern Indiana thing.:)

I have recently got a 10 week old Jackson, I was given small hoppers/locust, and he didn't touch them.
So I tried a different feed, curly winged flies, and he loved them :D Hope your Cham feeds soon :)

Back
Top Bottom