Live fly traps

two liter bottle fly trap

just cut off the top of a bottle and invert it, tape it up with some bait in it, and let it do all the work

just replace the water/juice with some meat or fruit, so they dont drown

website-illus-2-liter-flytrap.jpg

two liter bottle fly trap

just cut off the top of a bottle and invert it, tape it up with some bait in it, and let it do all the work

just replace the water/juice with some meat or fruit, so they dont drown

website-illus-2-liter-flytrap.jpg

I saw a video of that on youtube, one downfall though is the extraction of all of those flies, trying to avoid letting them lose in your house.

I saw a video of that on youtube, one downfall though is the extraction of all of those flies, trying to avoid letting them lose in your house.

stick it in the fridge for 2-3 min, slows the flies metabolism down and they go into a mini dormancy. Doesnt hurt em as long as it isnt in the fridge for too long, theyre back to flying around once they warm up

\hmmm this is totally ok to do as far as safety wise? I guess the various germs/whatever flies got in to is not an issue?

youre always gonna run into safety issues with wild caught insects...the only 100% safe way is to order sterile maggots from a lab

you can keep the flies for a few days to see if any die off, and use powdered milk or honey to gutload/keep them alive

Back
Top Bottom