Little Slimeys!!!

cyberlocc

Chameleon Enthusiast
Finnally little Slimeys!

I guess they have been waiting to lay. The old soil was a little hard to dig in, I noticed their was a bunch of hole attempts, but they never laid, the last time they laid I missed the eggs and they hatched in the colony which is why I downsized. (That and my wife killed the remainder of the colony by accident leaving their Aquarium outside for a few hours on a hot day)

The snail still seems to be laying right now. He is in the dirt, with his shell above it. And dropping more eggs, so I am going to give him to the AM. And then extract the eggs. The eggs will go into a new colony, but my these 2 guys are the last of our WC colony, we will likely keep them as pets, though future eggs will be disposed of, these new eggs will be Feeding colony :).

Last edited:
So by this pic count about 76. I dug out a few more after, and there is a few hidden from shot. Probably ~90 eggs all in. I'm not sure it was done, but I didn't want to risk leaving them in their for too long to get exposed to fecal.

I'm super glad the old soil was too yucky, hard to dig for the snail to lay. I Litteraly just replaced the soil with this fresh Ecoearth last night! So nice clean soil was laid in, although I didn't take any of that soil into the egg container anyway.

I got the new snail Viv on the way :). So hopefully can get it all setup before they start hatching.

I need to go hunt down some nice clean Dandelion to plant in the Viv and some pretty plants they won't eat to make a nice snail habitat with live food plants and non foods :).

Attachments

• IMG_20190723_222718.jpg
    IMG_20190723_222718.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 89
How long does it take for them to hatch? Not sure it would really help now but when I was at the nursery they had the seeds for dandelion plants... If you can't find any already growing that might be a good option. :)

2-4 weeks depending how long the snail has held them in. Which due to my poor soil I think has been awhile.

We have alot of Dandelion around here, just got to go get it lol. I will defiantly look for seeds too though.

They are going to massacre it, so growing seedlings constantly for planting is probably a good idea lol.

2-4 weeks depending how long the snail has held them in. Which due to my poor soil I think has been awhile.

We have alot of Dandelion around here, just got to go get it lol. I will defiantly look for seeds too though.

They are going to massacre it, so growing seedlings constantly for planting is probably a good idea lol.
Well take pics so we can see the progress too! I think this is really interesting. Yeah When I move I may get some seeds to grow just to add to my gutload. Grow my own and all so I know exactly what is in it lol.

My snails just had babies. They are the insects I forgot I had :rolleyes:

Ya, they are not very demanding.

I forgot about them, a couple times since having them. If you forget them though they just aestivate, and they can live like that for years. Spray them with some water and they wake up, HUNGRY. These things eat an insane amount of food.

I had 12 of them, WC adults, they would eat a half an apple in a night. It's insane.

I can't fathom where they put it all.

Ya, they are not very demanding.

I forgot about them, a couple times since having them. If you forget them though they just aestivate, and they can live like that for years. Spray them with some water and they wake up, HUNGRY. These things eat an insane amount of food.

I had 12 of them, WC adults, they would eat a half an apple in a night. It's insane.

I can't fathom where they put it all.
Definitely they devour anything I put inside and I only have 2 adult WC. I just need to set up a better bin for them so I can stop forgetting about them

Definitely they devour anything I put inside and I only have 2 adult WC. I just need to set up a better bin for them so I can stop forgetting about them

Same, had them in a Critter Keeper, and that's when they are easy to forget. It's small gets moved, and forgotten about.

Snails are icky and yall are gross! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I actually find I like the snail's. They are very friendly pets. They will climb on your hand, and look at you (I don't know if they can see, but they have pupils in their antenna that move around.) They actually seem to like being on you. I wish we could have Gals in States. We can't though :(.

But my wife and daughter love Gary and Larry our WCs.

Edit: googled, yep they can see, yep that's their eyes, and they will look right at you, when you hold them. They will look straight into your eyes.

Last edited:
Same, had them in a Critter Keeper, and that's when they are easy to forget. It's small gets moved, and forgotten about.

I actually find I like the snail's. They are very friendly pets. They will climb on your hand, and look at you (I don't know if they can see, but they have pupils in their antenna that move around.) They actually seem to like being on you. I wish we could have Gals in States. We can't though :(.

Edit: googled, yep they can see, yep that's their eyes, and they will look right at you, when you hold them. They will look straight into your eyes.
I love the name larry ;)

Yeah I keep mine in a small storage bin at the bottom of all my bugs. They need to be moved to a desk where I can keep a better eye on them. I would love to feed snails to the chams already if I didn’t forget about them :mad:

Yeah, tbh that picture that Natalie has of the little baby snails on the back of the adult snail is so cute and i hate that i think it's cute :ROFLMAO:

Hope u get better!

Me too. This is the worst back ache I have ever had. I was showing my son the snail's, and then he wanted to look at the Cham, then the snail's again, Cham again, he is 2 lol, so I was picking up and down up and down. And something in my back just went pop. Hurts bad, really bad, middle back, left side. Can't move to the left, fell down in the bathroom my back just like stopped working. If I don't start to feel better today I am going to the hospital.

Back
Top Bottom