Little Kenyan roaches and silkworm breeding?

Uri

Avid Member
How do you breed them? I got a very small group but I well keep small reptiles and these are perfect now how to I breed them? Is it the same as my dubia? And what about the silkworms?

Silkworms are a challenge to successfully breed. This is what I used to guide me. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/posting-my-silkworm-experience.168402/
One of the more important things with silkworms is cleanliness, as they have almost no immune system.
I hope this helps.
Keeps being a challenge. One batch I can keep alive and even successfully breed and the next badge dies within days. It´s really terrible and I can´t find them any more, every site who sells them is out of stock and already for quit awhile. The last 2 badges from 100 silkies, only 5% has ever reached the mouth of my chameleons.
A real shame, I definitely love silks.

Keeps being a challenge. One batch I can keep alive and even successfully breed and the next badge dies within days. It´s really terrible and I can´t find them any more, every site who sells them is out of stock and already for quit awhile. The last 2 badges from 100 silkies, only 5% has ever reached the mouth of my chameleons.
A real shame, I definitely love silks.
Very true. When I first started breeding silks, I had nothing but success. Then nothing but failure. I haven’t yet figured out the specific details, but I have found that if I breed them in the spring and summer they do much better. When I try thru the fall and winter, they all die. It’s odd as the temps and humidity levels where I keep them in my house stay relatively consistent year round.
Silkworms are my favorite to keep…love the silkies. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom