Little Jacksons, help plz!

Leopard

Hi everybody! I am newbie here :)

Recently I ve bought two little Jacksons (2-3 month old). The are so small, that I think they may be even younger (like just hatched veileds).

The problem is with their behavior. The first one (female I suppose) ate 1-2 crickets yesterday, the second Jackson ate just one little cricket. I am very afraid of his health because he closes his eyes very often :(

The girl is also much more active... she travels around the terr, the boy doesnt. What's the matter? How could I help him?

Appreciate your attention and every advice!
Leo

Forgot about the cage...

I keep my Jacksoniis in a 50x60x80 glass terrarium, ReptileGlo 5.0 UV + 60W bulb. The termerature is 25C (=77F), humidity - 60%.

try turning off the basking light for a day or so and see if it helps, he could just be getting too much bright light.

The glass enclosure may be multiplying the light by the reflection. It might be too much for a baby depending on its age.

I am not sure you should turn off the lights-they need plenty of light. The question should be about the heat. I am not sure where you are located, but Jacksons need plenty of airflow, especially as babies. Hopefully you are using a digital thermometer. What are your temps? They should have a basking spot no higher than 80 with the rest of the cage being low 70s.

Julirs, I think that the temp is okay there. 25C is enough and not high for Jacksons. And my basking spot - 26-27C.

Lancecham, thanks! Here is the Infos.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - a pair of Jacksons (M+F), just bought, they are 2-3 months old
  • Handling - Yesterday I tried to place them near the feeder and that's it
  • Feeding - Every day, the feeder is full of little crickets
  • Supplements - Reptilife/Reptical
  • Watering - I have a fountain in the terr
  • Fecal Description - Dont see
  • History - Bought yesterday, the one of them seems to be sick.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - 50x60x80cm glass cage with additional ventilation
  • Lighting - Exoterra ReptiGlo 5.0 + 60W bulb
  • Temperature - 25C at daytime, about 20-21C at night
  • Humidity - 60%, measure via digital thermometer
  • Plants - Some kind of Ficus plant
  • Placement - On a stand just next to a door
  • Location - Moscow

Ah the sick one has just died... very sad :( :( :(
It seems he has been already ill when I bought him.

but the girl is okay

Back
Top Bottom