Little dude needs a home

AACblackout

I went to the local pet retailer today in weatherford and there is an awesome looking jacksonii that will probably not make it someone doesn't get him soon. He still looks to be healthy to me but being that there setup is horrible I don't know how long it'll last.

CAA3D759-D546-4DDE-9804-B18943879AEF_zpsx8krylbc.jpg

I went to the local pet retailer today in weatherford and there is an awesome looking jacksonii that will probably not make it someone doesn't get him soon. He still looks to be healthy to me but being that there setup is horrible I don't know how long it'll last.

Its a dilemma...if you buy him you are encouraging that shop to get more chams and treat them just as badly.

If you refuse to buy him this individual cham may suffer, but it may send a valuable message to the shop that chams are not a popular creature to try and sell in your area.

I know it is very very hard to turn away, believe me. This comes up a lot on this forum...maybe reading similar threads would be a good idea.

i read them i just wanted to see if anyone wanted one. I really dont want to give them my money or even my buisness.

But if it means that this chameleon lives instead of dying i am going to try to find someone and let them know

Buying him won't help anything. The pet store will just get another to take his place. :(
Instead, make a point of not buying livestock from abusive pet retailers ever. That way, they will stop making profit off of the poor animals and stop selling/abusing them altogether. This goes especially for Chams, as they are fragile and easily killed. I haven't seen many unhappy bearded dragons or hamsters at pet stores simply because they can take more abuse without dying.

I see it all the time at the local pet stores in my area and it is absolutely heartbreaking. They have no idea how to care for these amazing creatures. The pet store by my house had a baby Jackson a little under 4 months old from what I could tell and the poor little guy had no grip on me. They don't feed them calcium and have nothing to climb on and they don't even mist the cages half the time! I feel so bad for every one of them, I just want to get them so I can nurse them back to proper health.

I will always remember what a Petsmart store manager said to me when I commented on how they were treating their animals, he said; "It doesn't matter, someone will buy it, someone always does".

I think that pretty much says it all.

I avoid pet stores, I buy all my supplies online, but in the rare 'emergencies' when I need something 'now', I stay away from the animal section.
I get what I need, then I am out of there.

I will always remember what a Petsmart store manager said to me when I commented on how they were treating their animals, he said; "It doesn't matter, someone will buy it, someone always does".

I think that pretty much says it all.

I avoid pet stores, I buy all my supplies online, but in the rare 'emergencies' when I need something 'now', I stay away from the animal section.
I get what I need, then I am out of there.

Wow a manager said that? That is awful :(

Do something

Same with puppy mills and backyard breeders of dogs. The best you can do, rather than nothing is make up a chameleon care pack and list of supplies needed and provide it for the pet sop to give to buyer. Education is the only way to make a difference. But remember you can teach stupid.. But you can't fix *******

Back
Top Bottom