Lily's Bioactive Build!

Isopods only eat wood if it's rotting, and considering that I'll be applying several coats of Liquid rubber +/- pond liner on the inside I'm not concerned. The fear that they eat wood is from lumberyards, where they're frequently found hiding under (often slowly rotting) lumber.

I'll be using mostly springtails and detritus milipedes for Lily's enclosure, anyway.

Where do you guys buy rotting wood for isopods? I see a lot of Cholla wood, but is that a good idea?

Right now I just have leaf litter and cork, but I cant seem to find where to buy the decaying wood. (They spray where I live so not safe to harvest myself)

Where do you guys buy rotting wood for isopods? I see a lot of Cholla wood, but is that a good idea?

Right now I just have leaf litter and cork, but I cant seem to find where to buy the decaying wood. (They spray where I live so not safe to harvest myself)

I don't personally use cholla wood, so I couldn't tell you! Cork is totally fine for the isopods, and between that, the leaf litter, and ~once a week feedings your isopods should be set!

All of my wood (except for a couple bits of cork) was locally harvested. You could try taking a drive to somewhere that doesn't spray for harvesting purposes! I've gone on nature hikes expressly for foraging haha. :)

If it ever stops raining in ny, I may have to get some exercise and take a hike.
That's a great idea. I dont think they spray in the preserves.

There is a guy called gecko supreme on youtube that said he will start selling wood, but nothing on his site yet.

If it ever stops raining in ny, I may have to get some exercise and take a hike.
That's a great idea. I dont think they spray in the preserves.

There is a guy called gecko supreme on youtube that said he will start selling wood, but nothing on his site yet.

Nature's free - the only currency needed is your time! :) No sense payingfor wood you can find yourself, honestly.

Been awhile since I've updated on this build! I've given it a facelift with new plants, and I'm more or less satisfied with it. Always on the hunt for new things to add to the builds, haha!

(It's just about lights out, and Lily's tucked in.)

20200103_180549.jpg

Back
Top Bottom