Lily Laid Her First Clutch

VeiledLily

I was talking about how Lily was digging/preparing to lay the other day on another post of mine but I wanted to make a new one because she finally laid her eggs!

DCF53B4C-9712-4B77-85FC-9239AEBD5A92.jpeg

This afternoon I noticed Lily’s shadow up in the tree again and on her beaches, I looked in and her lay bin was covered up and she was fed, watered, and is now resting

I counted her clutch it was 55 eggs 🥚 plus the one that came out with a urate two days ago so 56 total she carried

image.jpg

I know this is a huge clutch and that I’m going to probably need to reduce basking temp (currently 82°) and feeding, is this kind of normal for a first clutch though? She’s 7 months old by the way

I was talking about how Lily was digging/preparing to lay the other day on another post of mine but I wanted to make a new one because she finally laid her eggs!

View attachment 313542

This afternoon I noticed Lily’s shadow up in the tree again and on her beaches, I looked in and her lay bin was covered up and she was fed, watered, and is now resting

I counted her clutch it was 55 eggs 🥚 plus the one that came out with a urate two days ago so 56 total she carried

View attachment 313543

I know this is a huge clutch and that I’m going to probably need to reduce basking temp (currently 82°) and feeding, is this kind of normal for a first clutch though? She’s 7 months old by the way
Wow! That is a big clutch! You’ll want to feed and hydrate her very well for the next 2-3 days. Then to help reduce her egg production and laying, start feeding her 3-4 feeders (plus occasional treats) 3 days a week. Keep her basking temps no higher than 80f. It may take a cycle or two before it shows results.

Back
Top Bottom