Lights!!!

IMperfection

I have lights in mind. I plan on getting a reptisun 5.0 but for the basking light, what strength of light do I need. My cage is 2x2x4. I'm sorry I keep asking all these questions, but I just want to do this right. I hope everyone has a good day.

I have 2 clamp lamps on my cage(male adult Veiled) that size-one has a 75W standard household bulb and the other has a 60W.

Really you are just going to have to play around with a couple different wattages and distances. A digital thermometer will be your guide. I have to switch my wattages around with the seasons.

I right now have a 60watt bulb in mine. It keeps it anywhere from 88-92 depending on how hot the house is. Usually the house is 70-72.

I am in the same situation as you, a 45W was not bright enough, I would suggest a 60w, that is what I am using now and it keeps it at 90ish.

I hate the ZooMed basking lamps. They simply do not last the stated hours in a desert cage. However, I love the spot they make, so I bought one for the veiled's cage when I got it.

Three days and it was shot.

The ReptiSun 75W is chugging along quite well, though.

Back
Top Bottom