Lights

Jd♂️♂️

Established Member
Has anyone ever used these ?
92907047-C153-4EA1-B379-DAB64AF3EA8F.png

Fluval makes okay lights, they are not very bright, and not very efficient but they are okay.

If you want color changing, Ramping, sunset/sunrise ect Fluval is good.

If you want good efficiency then Jungle Bars are good. (Lumens Per Watt)

If you dont mind getting your hands Dirty and playing with electricity, you can get both of those things, along with being cheaper, but it takes some planning and electrical work ect.

Have you ever used the jungle dawn bar ? They really expensive was just gona use a regular led bulb with 5000k since none of the led bulbs have 6500k I don’t know lol

Have you ever used the jungle dawn bar ? They really expensive was just gona use a regular led bulb with 5000k since none of the led bulbs have 6500k I don’t know lol

I have not, but I have used and lots of folks around here do use, the LEDs that are in a Jungle Bar.

The Jungle Bar is just Arcadias fixture based on the Samsung LM561 Diodes.

These are very popular diodes in the Horticulture world, and you will see lots of folks around here using them. Whenever you see someone (Like Goodkarma, as you asked here) using HLG quantum boards, they are using LM561 diodes.

The diodes are expensive, so the lights, panels, boards are expensive. They are not the most expensive there is LEDs I prefer over them, but they cost alot more and do have the same lumens.

The appeal to the LM561 is there 200+ Lumens per watt ability. A regular T5Ho is usually about 90-100. So for instance a 46inch T5 uses 54 watts, for that you get 5000 lumens of light. If you were to push 54ws to a LM561 board with a efficient driver, at the perfect amperage to maximize efficiency, you could get over 10k lumens for that same wattage.

This can work either way. Either you can get double the light for the same wattage, of a T5 (slightly more than double) or you can cut the wattage used in half. Whatever you need for your build.

This translates to cheaper electricity or a better lit cage. So you save money, if you go that route.

If you were to use T5s only, so a T5 UVB + Your T5 grow light. That would be cheaper upfront, however the T5 bulbs need changed once a year, or less depending on bulb. Your UV needs changed, (6months for reptisun 12 months for arcadia) your grow lights also need changed after 12 months though. Where the LEDs will not need replaced for 5-7 years.

So pay once, a bit more at the start or pay more total but spread the cost out over years.

I have not, but I have used and lots of folks around here do use, the LEDs that are in a Jungle Bar.

The Jungle Bar is just Arcadias fixture based on the Samsung LM561 Diodes.

These are very popular diodes in the Horticulture world, and you will see lots of folks around here using them. Whenever you see someone (Like Goodkarma, as you asked here) using HLG quantum boards, they are using LM561 diodes.

The diodes are expensive, so the lights, panels, boards are expensive. They are not the most expensive there is LEDs I prefer over them, but they cost alot more and do have the same lumens.

The appeal to the LM561 is there 200+ Lumens per watt ability. A regular T5Ho is usually about 90-100. So for instance a 46inch T5 uses 54 watts, for that you get 5000 lumens of light. If you were to push 54ws to a LM561 board with a efficient driver, at the perfect amperage to maximize efficiency, you could get over 10k lumens for that same wattage.

This can work either way. Either you can get double the light for the same wattage, of a T5 (slightly more than double) or you can cut the wattage used in half. Whatever you need for your build.

This translates to cheaper electricity or a better lit cage. So you save money, if you go that route.

If you were to use T5s only, so a T5 UVB + Your T5 grow light. That would be cheaper upfront, however the T5 bulbs need changed once a year, or less depending on bulb. Your UV needs changed, (6months for reptisun 12 months for arcadia) your grow lights also need changed after 12 months though. Where the LEDs will not need replaced for 5-7 years.

So pay once, a bit more at the start or pay more total but spread the cost out over years.
I’m give those a look at .... might look into that jungle dawn led spotlight too I was using t5 tubes with 6500k with 3000lm an my Dracaena started dropping leaves on the bottom Canopy

I’m give those a look at .... might look into that jungle dawn led spotlight too I was using t5 tubes with 6500k with 3000lm an my Dracaena started dropping leaves on the bottom Canopy
Anyone know where to get big pieces of wood?? In California?

So I am not the biggest fan of the JD spot.

For 1 its going to give a very direct beam. Which isn't really that ideal.

For 2, its overpriced. (There is the same light being sold as a Pool bulb for much cheaper, same exact bulb)

Back to the beam. Its the only way to grow high light floor level plants as you said. Small plants that are high light, won't grow without it.

However we are defying nature, to achieve unnatural. I'm not about that life lol.

What I mean by that, is chameleons are arboreal IE they live in the canopy, the JD is great for getting light to low down in the cage plants. However those plants would not be found at the bottom of a canopy. There is very little light at the bottom of the canopy, so if the plant is not surviving with top down light, through your simulated canopy, it wasn't meant to be there. That plant likely lives in plains, in its environment where it receives alot/full sun.

So you have 2 recourse. Get your highlight plants up in the canopy. Or don't plant full sun plants in the understory, where they would not naturally grow.

Understory plants will grow great down there, so just use those. Like ferns.

I see the same thing with water all the time. People always saying "my plants are dying from too much water" and people say mist less..

Thats not the right advice IMO. You need to match the plant to the animal, not put whatever plant you feel like in there, whether you can meet its needs in that environment. Match the plant to the environment. You dont put a cactus with dart frogs and then complain when it dies.

As to your draecena, what kind of draecena? If its a Marginata (Madagascar Dragon Tree) that is an exact example of above.

That is a Arid Draecena. It will drop leaves when its receiving too much water, and it will recieve too much in a Chameleon cage.

You may be able to get it to acclimate, or it may drop all its leaves and then suffer stem rot, as its not built for constantly wet soil.

If you want a Dracaena you can use Draecena Reflexa. Its native to panther locales, grows from Ambilobe to Andasibe, and everywhere between. Can handle wet feet, and is much more bushy so a better plant altogether.

You can found it sold under the names "Song of India" and "Song of Jamaica" and "Song of Madagascar".

It is a Malagasy plant, the though the names confuse that. They are just different versions of variation, that are representative of those countries colors. (The Jamaica is dark green with white stripes, the india is light green with yellow stripes, Madagascar is non variegated with solid dark green)

As to your draecena, what kind of draecena? If its a Marginata (Madagascar Dragon Tree) that is an exact example of above.

That is a Arid Draecena. It will drop leaves when its receiving too much water, and it will recieve too much in a Chameleon cage.

You may be able to get it to acclimate, or it may drop all its leaves and then suffer stem rot, as its not built for constantly wet soil.

If you want a Dracaena you can use Draecena Reflexa. Its native to panther locales, grows from Ambilobe to Andasibe, and everywhere between. Can handle wet feet, and is much more bushy so a better plant altogether.

You can found it sold under the names "Song of India" and "Song of Jamaica" and "Song of Madagascar".

It is a Malagasy plant, the though the names confuse that. They are just different versions of variation, that are representative of those countries colors. (The Jamaica is dark green with white stripes, the india is light green with yellow stripes, Madagascar is non variegated with solid dark green)
I definitely appreciate you this makes alot of sense I can send pics of the plants tmw but hey not to be a pain in the ass but would these work ? https://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-tsw-600-led-full-spectrum-hydroponic-led-grow-light

Not trying to upset anyone.. I have seen him/her post a couple different questions in a couple random threads.. I was suggesting they make their own thread so then we can make sure they get their answers.

Not trying to upset anyone.. I have seen him/her post a couple different questions in a couple random threads.. I was suggesting they make their own thread so then we can make sure they get their answers.
Yo my bad thought you said me lmao But yea that was random of him or her

H
Hey what you using for plant growth lol ?

Back
Top Bottom