Lighting?

Hi! I recently got a veiled chameleon! (Today) and I’d really like to make sure everything about my lighting is okay.

what is the wattage recommended? I am getting a stronger lamp since the temp is measuring 75 (way too low) is this (attached image of item) okay? Too low? Too high?

also, I’d this only a bulb or the full thing? I can’t find instructions on it!!

if it isn’t good enough, a hearing source under 60 would be amazing

Attachments

• 13E9D2FF-5B09-476C-8552-88338ABF7278.png
    13E9D2FF-5B09-476C-8552-88338ABF7278.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 71
  • BB05FFBA-4912-45F4-B1F5-FA84B67FFEBA.png
    BB05FFBA-4912-45F4-B1F5-FA84B67FFEBA.png
    920.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 62836B37-2BCF-4556-8D13-F2DEA2F58E60.jpeg
    62836B37-2BCF-4556-8D13-F2DEA2F58E60.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 64
Welcome to the forum!
Is it a male or female? It's important to know with veileds.

The long linear Reptisun 5.0 is one of the two best bulbs to use for UVB.

For basking, all you really need is a regular household incandescent bulb of a wattage that produces the right temperature...low 80'sF. Whatever basking bulb you use should produce white light...not colored. No lights on at night at all.

If you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum, we can look at your husbandry to make sure things are right.

Welcome to the forum!
Is it a male or female? It's important to know with veileds.

The long linear Reptisun 5.0 is one of the two best bulbs to use for UVB.

For basking, all you really need is a regular household incandescent bulb of a wattage that produces the right temperature...low 80'sF. Whatever basking bulb you use should produce white light...not colored. No lights on at night at all.

If you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum, we can look at your husbandry to make sure things are right.
Thank you so so much!! This is so helpful.

the seller told us that they are most likely a male, but I am going to my local avian and exotics vet to check the gender and get a fecal check as well on them. This is so helpful. Thank you so much.

Hi. The uvb bulb you posted is a T8. T5 is much better and preferred. This is a great light for uvb. https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-prot5-uvb-kit.html You’ll want to get the 6% uvb. For basking, I use a 60w bulb which gives me temps around 80 at basking spot. Placement of basking area is important as well. With the T5 and 6% bulb, you’ll want your basking area around 8” below for ideal uvb levels.

Hi. The uvb bulb you posted is a T8. T5 is much better and preferred. This is a great light for uvb. https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-prot5-uvb-kit.html You’ll want to get the 6% uvb. For basking, I use a 60w bulb which gives me temps around 80 at basking spot. Placement of basking area is important as well. With the T5 and 6% bulb, you’ll want your basking area around 8” below for ideal uvb levels.
Thank you for this!!! Looking into it!!

Back
Top Bottom