Lighting

Jbennaim

I’ve had my chameleon for a few months now and I absolutely love him and I love what I’ve done to his cage but I was told I need linear lights not the dome can someone link me a linear fixture with a t-5 and a plant bulb I was told to get but I don’t understand anything in lighting and will the t-5 provide the sufficient heat and uvb he needs?

You will still need a basking light/heat light. Some use a plant bulb, some use an incandescent, some use a ceramic heat bulb. You will need this in addition to the linear t5ho that Brody linked above

"Like the T5, the T8 tube creates light through advanced electronic circuits and are available in standard 2, 3, 4, and 5 foot lengths. However, what sets T5 fluorescent lights apart from T8 bulbs is their dramatic reduction in size. T5 lamps are 40% smaller than T8 fixtures, but are capable of containing just as much and sometimes more light in a smaller area. In other words, more T8 fixtures are needed to produced the same amount of light generated by significantly fewer high output T5 bulbs. Although the newest T5 lights generally cost more than T8 models, they are lower maintenance than other fluorescent bulbs. This combined with the T5 bulb's ability to provide more light (lumen) than the other bulbs means long-term cost savings on your commercial and residential projects. " <--

You can repurpose the dual dome fixture to hold a basking bulb for heat and either leave the second socket empty or add a plant bulb to help your plants out a little. I use a T5HO 24" fixture for UVB and that same dual dome fixture for heat. Second socket on mine is currently empty.

Linear T5HO is the best UVB option. T5HO puts out more light for less wattage making them efficient and giving them a longer lifespan in most cases. Arcadia makes the best bulbs in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom