Lighting.

Grasshopper

I've been seeing different people placing thier lights. I have the T5-HO liner, I've seen people put them straight across the top of the cage and I've seen them have them diagonally. What would be the best way to put her light?

Yes I have the 24" light. I'm not finished with her new enclosure I'm wanting to add more plants and vines. Just not to sure what other plants would go good inside. Getting a picture now

New enclosure

Attachments

• 20190323_011149.jpg
    20190323_011149.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 142
Hmmm... Because you have that cross bar across the top I would say your best bet is to not have your UVB crossing it. Therefore making it useless in that area. But it's also important to keep the UVB light as close to the basking light as possible. Maybe have it run parallel with the upper cross member and try to angle your basking light into his UVB light.

Here's my setup and mines not complete yet either and it's also a DIY 2x2x4.

Attachments

• 20190322_152635.jpg
    20190322_152635.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 154
Should I just remove the brace in the middle? I just wanted something there so the light wouldn't weigh down the screen. I love your set up.

If it doesn't weigh it down too much that would be ideal. And thank you very much. I'm horrible at decorating so this has been interesting for me designing his cage. I've been piecing it together as I go. Going to be getting a live Pothos very soon as well as a daylight bulb. I'm really great at keeping my animals alive but when it comes to plants.... Well let's just say I kill cactus lol

I love that! I've been adding everyday and it just isnt enough so I just keep getting more, I've ordered 87 foot of fake ivy Garland. I have about 9 more pieces of bamboo and 21 foot of vines to place.

Back
Top Bottom