LIGHTING!! Todays mission!

Today I'm trying to hammer out my lighting!! I've got a list forming and need opinions and recommendations!
Light fixture reccomendations?
I need it all. I bought a 24x24x48 dragonstrand cage and tbh I don't know exactly where to start now.
-UVB looking for which T5 HO linear fixture is the best!? And what bulbs everyone says is best. Arcadia? Reptisun/Reprigo
-Basking? Normal incandscents??? I see it can be a simple as a good spotlight fixture with a standard bulb at 65w less/more depending on basking temp needs.
- Plant lighting?? Do I need somthing different for my plants? Another fixture? With around a 6000k bulb I think? (Exactly why i need help)

Arcadia makes really good bulbs and for basking normal bulbs are fine. You might have try a few different wattages to get to optimal basking temperature. For plant lights, I don't think you'll need an extra lamp for them unless your cage has loads of plants or if the light doesn't reach all the way to the bottom of the cage.

You should use a regular white household incandescent light for basking.

And for plant and uvb you could get a fixture that holds 2 - 4 t5 lights and have 1 as uvb and the others as 6500k plant lights.

For the best lighting info I would contact Todd Goode from light your reptiles.

Back
Top Bottom