Lighting setup!! Pls help!!

DASVlDANlYA

OKAY so, I got my Cham linear bulb lighting and a separate heat lamp. My only question is should I hang them above her enclosure? Or is it fine that I have it laying on top? And if I should hang them, what do you guys use to hang them up?

Attachments

• 2198E54E-781B-43CC-A8F7-5D93EC50381C.jpeg
    2198E54E-781B-43CC-A8F7-5D93EC50381C.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 102
What kind of linear bulb do you have? What is the wattage if the bulb and what kind? Mostly it is the basking bulb that is raised, so they don’t get burned.

What kind of linear bulb do you have? What is the wattage if the bulb and what kind? Mostly it is the basking bulb that is raised, so they don’t get burned.

I have an Acadia bulb for her, and a 6500k bulb that came with the fixture, both bulbs 24 watts. And the basking numb is an exo Terra halogen I believe 75watts

Ok, so the linear should be fine to leave on the cage, but the basking bulb should be raised if you cannot hold you hand underneath it for long without having to pull it back due to the heat. This is because the chameleon will get burned by it, but not realize it, and continue to get burned. However, if you can hold your hand underneath it for an extended period of time, the basking bulb will be fine on the cage

Some times they climb upside down on the cage so I would hang the heat bulb. The uvb should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom