Lighting question

Tarzanfam

Established Member
Hi again! I feel like I am really digging in right now and I appreciate all of your help! Questions about UVB.

I have a 24" zoomed fixture on my (2x2x4) screen cage with reptisun bulbs but the more reading I do the more it seems you all prefer Arcadia. Here are my questions.

1. Can I just use Arcadia bulbs in my current fixture? Will this increase the UVB penetration in my enclosure, or will this really only help if I get an Arcadia fixture?
2. Best places to purchase Arcadia? Not in local stores
3. Is this even an issue? I am just trying to figure out what is best for my cham. Having some eye issues I am trying to figure out and I want to make sure they get dealt with in this new bigger cage.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
I have a 24" zoomed fixture on my (2x2x4) screen cage with reptisun bulbs but the more reading I do the more it seems you all prefer Arcadia.
I have both, and IMO/E both are equivalent.

Here are my questions.

1. Can I just use Arcadia bulbs in my current fixture? Will this increase the UVB penetration in my enclosure, or will this really only help if I get an Arcadia fixture?
Yes. Penetration comes from the reflector. If your Reptisun reflector is in good condition, it should be fine. If not—or you need a new fixture—most of the T5 HO fixtures sold today are from the same factory in China.

All made by Shenzen Sunlight Lighting Co. (OEM) and all are virtually identical.

1618240919804.png

• Arcadia Pro T5
  • Biodude T5HO
  • Carolina Custom Cages T5HO
  • Hydrofarm "Jumpstart"
  • Sunblaster T5HO Nanotech
  • Vivarium T5
  • and Others
So shop for price.

2. Best places to purchase Arcadia? Not in local stores
I've gotten some from Pangea, but it can vary, and we've gotten both brands there—whichever is the best deal at the time. I re-shop each time due to sales & competition.

3. Is this even an issue? I am just trying to figure out what is best for my cham. Having some eye issues I am trying to figure out and I want to make sure they get dealt with in this new bigger cage.
IMO, it's not an issue. If your cham is having some eye issues, it needs to be seen by a herp vet,

Back
Top Bottom