Lighting question

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
I am somewhat confused on proper lighting for a cage that is 24x48x72. Would a single bulb arcadia t5HO 12% with reflector be sufficient for use with a male veiled? Cage is open 3 sides and top and not heavily planted. Want to get the proper exposure without going overboard.

I am somewhat confused on proper lighting for a cage that is 24x48x72. Would a single bulb arcadia t5HO 12% with reflector be sufficient for use with a male veiled? Cage is open 3 sides and top and not heavily planted. Want to get the proper exposure without going overboard.
Yes, it would be. It will give you more light pushed down the first 4 feet. Yes, the 12% is correct. You would want your basking level to be at 7-8 inches below the fixture and the fixture would need to sit directly on the top of the enclosure. This will give you approximately a 3-4 UVI at the basking level which is perfect for him. :)

It will be running the full lenght. Just concerned about reaching to the bottom
I have a 4 foot tall cage the light easily hits the bottom of it. You may have to add additional spot bulbs like the jungle dawn ones if you are needing more for plant growth.

Alright!! Finally got a straight answer. I have been getting different opinions and most point to very expensive lighting setup.
That's why I Was concerned about purchasing something that's really not needed to get the job done.
Thanks for your reply as I do trust the info from those on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom