Lighting question

Hannah04

I asked this the other day but no one could give me a definite answer.

Is it okay to use the fish tank tube lighting (it's the Hagen glo brand and its the aqua glo bulb) just as extra lighting mainly to light up the cage a little more?

Or should i just get the reptiglo 5.0 tube lighting?

is it okay to have two 5.0 reptiglo? Cause I have a reptiglo 5.0 compact already

Just use the one 5.0 Reptiglo. In general, most of us use the 5.0 tube lights. Some members use the 5.0 compacts also without issue. I like the tubes as they cover more area. To my knowledge, the aquarium lights do not emit uvb rays, so they would not be ok to use.

I asked this the other day but no one could give me a definite answer.

Is it okay to use the fish tank tube lighting (it's the Hagen glo brand and its the aqua glo bulb) just as extra lighting mainly to light up the cage a little more?

Or should i just get the reptiglo 5.0 tube lighting?

is it okay to have two 5.0 reptiglo? Cause I have a reptiglo 5.0 compact already

If you are using it along with a UVB it should be fine.
The aquarium bulb would just be for keeping the cage well lit. I use some full spectrum fluorescents on my cages for brighter lights.

The aquarium bulb would just be for keeping the cage well lit. I use some full spectrum fluorescents on my cages for brighter lights.

Thanks, This is exactly my thoughts, it's not for any beneficial value, just for more light in there, so no problem doing so then? Any one think differently?

I have used a tube plant light in the past and have found it lights up some parts of the cage pretty well. Depending on your cage size, perhaps you could switch to a 5.0 UVB tube to see how much better it will light your cage, and go from there.

If your cage is large, I'd switch to a UVB tube to cover more area. :)

yeah I use both a full tube uvb bulb, and a full tube full spectrum bulb on my enclosures, lighting is good, and coverage is good.

Thanks, This is exactly my thoughts, it's not for any beneficial value, just for more light in there, so no problem doing so then? Any one think differently?

Well technically there is beneficial value, just not specifically for the chameleon (that we know of). Reason being most if not all aquarium bulbs are full spectrum bulbs for aquatic plants. So if the aquarium bulb you have puts out full spectrum lighting, then it would be beneficial to any live plants you have in there, keeping them healthier, and allowing them to grow faster.

If your cage is large, I'd switch to a UVB tube to cover more area. :)

I would concur, a full uvb tube will offer better uvb coverage for the animal, but you can also run a full spectrum tube in conjunction with the uvb light as well for better lighting and health of your plant life.

Thanks everyone! Could a couple of you post pictures of your lighting set up so I can take a peek ? :)

Back
Top Bottom