Lighting Ideas???

RobSquared

I need some help. I am almost complete with my custom enclosure. Its 2 enclosures built in one assembly. Each side is approximately 22" wide x 22" deep x 48" tall. I need some ideas on what lighting I need for this. I know I need a UVB and a heat light. What would you guys run. I have Jacksons. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would highly recommend getting a HO T5 double or quad fixture to run over top of both your setups. They would provided you with some of the best lighting for your cages. One bulb should be a UVB like the Arcadia 6% bulb and the others would be 6.5k daylight bulbs to give your chameleon and plants full spectrum lighting.

You would still need a basking light as you mentioned which would be just a normal bulb in a dome fixture to provide heat for basking.

Get a 4 foot light fixture to save cost.

Best place to buy is Light Your Reptiles who is a sponsor. Todd will set you up with the best lighting.:D

Nick

Could someone explain what an arcadia bulb is and what the percentage refers to? Like the equivalent of my 5.0 uvb would be what?

Edit:
Also what does HO mean?

Back
Top Bottom