Lighting Help?

Harley510

Established Member
So currently since the winter time is coming around and since my female veiled got a little bigger then since when I originally got her i’ve noticed she’s sitting at the highest point in her cage so i decided to switch from a 60 watt Zoo Med blue daytime bulb to a 100 watt Exo Terra daylight basking bulb. I have a Zoo Med Reptisun 5.0 UVB bulb going for her aswell and so far she’s been good with the lights she’s had. I’m wondering if i messed up and got the wrong light for her

Attachments

• 2C299C55-0C36-4BAE-8837-B8B58E874B4C.jpeg
    2C299C55-0C36-4BAE-8837-B8B58E874B4C.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 74
  • C72C9DA4-75AE-4FF7-A3CE-FF90D28F2FD0.jpeg
    C72C9DA4-75AE-4FF7-A3CE-FF90D28F2FD0.jpeg
    567.6 KB · Views: 79
  • E2985137-7993-4415-BCF3-A1DCAE9321C8.jpeg
    E2985137-7993-4415-BCF3-A1DCAE9321C8.jpeg
    335.7 KB · Views: 67
well I would recommend getting a 10.0 uvb for veiled, I switched over just recently, if it gets colder at night too then maybe try a ceramic heat bulb

Could you fill out the ask for help form? Good job on switching from a blue light to a white light, blue light isn’t natural. The basking spot needs to be 85*F. What cage size do you have, and what uvb strength do you have? Do you have a lay bin?

well I would recommend getting a 10.0 uvb for veiled, I switched over just recently, if it gets colder at night too then maybe try a ceramic heat bulb
UVB strength depends on cage size and how heavily planted it is. If it drops below 60*F, I think, then use a CHE, don’t use one if it’s above that. Chams do need a temp drop at night, though

well it should be a 2x2x4 I just assumed, my bad lol, if she needs a 100 w heat bulb that's also a lot of heat and a sudden change in temp drops might stress her out maybe as @ERKleRose said if it gets below 60 then do the che

Could you fill out the ask for help form? Good job on switching from a blue light to a white light, blue light isn’t natural. The basking spot needs to be 85*F. What cage size do you have, and what uvb strength do you have? Do you have a lay bin?
I could fill out the help form if i knew where it was. Her temp during the day was around 70 so i figured i should make sure she’s nice and toasty in there. i don’t exactally know the uvb strength but the uvb bulb says reptisun 5.0 and it’s a fairly thin long bulb. The cage is the large zoo med screen cage. And yes i do have a lay bin but i’m not exactally too happy with it so i’m thinking of switching it up cause i feel like it isn’t big enough for her when she does go to lay eggs

I could fill out the help form if i knew where it was. Her temp during the day was around 70 so i figured i should make sure she’s nice and toasty in there. i don’t exactally know the uvb strength but the uvb bulb says reptisun 5.0 and it’s a fairly thin long bulb. The cage is the large zoo med screen cage. And yes i do have a lay bin but i’m not exactally too happy with it so i’m thinking of switching it up cause i feel like it isn’t big enough for her when she does go to lay eggs
Here’s the ask for help form: https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/ Is the uvb light coiled and looks like a light bulb or long like a wooden dowel? What are the dimensions of the cage? In the veiled care sheet here, there’s info on laybins

Here’s a screenshot on lay bin info from the veiled care sheet

Attachments

• 4AC3029F-64C7-4B76-B407-2474595EAADB.png
    4AC3029F-64C7-4B76-B407-2474595EAADB.png
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 77
Here’s the ask for help form: https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/ Is the uvb light coiled and looks like a light bulb or long like a wooden dowel? What are the dimensions of the cage? In the veiled care sheet here, there’s info on laybins

The uvb bulb is exactly like a wooden dowel, the cage is 18x18x36 (screen cage).
There’s a mixture of Pothos and fake plants. The pothos is intertwined with the fake plants so she can travel if she wants to go from plant to plant

Back
Top Bottom