Lighting help for a large bioactive build

SAYiWONT30

hey guys I'm getting close to start pulling the trigger on building this enclosure and on of my concerns would be lighting. There will be lots of foliage i have a hibiscus tree, schefflera, pothos wandering jew, and plan on a arcae palm maybe passion fruit vine. Not sure on all the other plants yet. The inside of the enclosure will be about 5ft after I put the soil in and it will be 6ft long 2 ft deep. I would like to use led lighting and be able to dim. Trying to figure out how to do sunrise and sunset as well as dimming before misting/rain then ramp back up. Glad to answer any other questions you might have
20200428_110318.jpg

For large scale builds I would use mercury vapor or metal halide lights, along with a quad t5ho fixture with three 6500k bulbs and one 10,000k bulb.

Others use leds to light an enclosure though I've never used them, so no comment on that area.

This is set for plants, obviously you will need a proper cham light.

I'll have to consider those for sure. Are u using the mercury vapor and metal halide for heat mainly? I am definitely interested in a diy leds with a storm x controller though

I'll have to consider those for sure. Are u using the mercury vapor and metal halide for heat mainly? I am definitely interested in a diy leds with a storm x controller though

No you use those lights to power through "distance" and ensure the plants on the floor get enough light and high light demanding plants like your hibiscus will need it.

There are some plants/corals that need the sheer power they have, make sure your cham can hide from them.

Back
Top Bottom