Lighting for exo terra

The lighting you get ,will blow your mind. I turned it off just to see the difference without it. I was like wow I had no idea how things looked so dull compared with the LED on

The lighting you get ,will blow your mind. I turned it off just to see the difference without it. I was like wow I had no idea how things looked so dull compared with the LED on
Thanks... Good to know. Since I just bought all new fixtures it will have to be an upgrade later lol.

So if your going to go with the exo terra fixtures ( thanks for providing pics) Then you want option 1. I am assuming that is a T5HO fixture correct? If so that works perfectly and yes your second bulb would be a daylight bulb. Then for the basking you want to use a regular incandescent bulb. Avoid the focused heat bulbs. :)

Other option is Arcadia Pro T5... Depends really on what you want though.

Sorry for comin up again with this topic :/
But I just wanted to place my order for the fixture and bulb for my basking spot.

I wanted to go with this exo terra Terrarium Fixture:
1594633227881.png
1594633238610.png

Unfortunately I dont know the exact size of this fixture is.

For the bulb I wanted to go with an exo terra Daytime heat bulb:
1594633641405.png
1594633652407.png

But I am not sure if I should take a 60W or 100W bulb - I have a glass cage so I am thinking about the 60W (maybe it wont heat up the glass cage too fast).
And the fixture is only supporting max 75W :/

Sorry for comin up again with this topic :/
But I just wanted to place my order for the fixture and bulb for my basking spot.

I wanted to go with this exo terra Terrarium Fixture:
View attachment 272014View attachment 272015
Unfortunately I dont know the exact size of this fixture is.

For the bulb I wanted to go with an exo terra Daytime heat bulb:
View attachment 272016View attachment 272017

But I am not sure if I should take a 60W or 100W bulb - I have a glass cage so I am thinking about the 60W (maybe it wont heat up the glass cage too fast).
And the fixture is only supporting max 75W :/
So I actually use these bulbs. Don't get the 100 watt it will be way too hot. The 60 watt would be better for your needs... I really like these bulbs I have never had an issue with them. However... WIth your set up I am not sure if a 60 watt will produce too much heat. So you will have to adjust the fixture up off the cage for distance to find the sweet spot.

So I actually use these bulbs. Don't get the 100 watt it will be way too hot. The 60 watt would be better for your needs... I really like these bulbs I have never had an issue with them. However... WIth your set up I am not sure if a 60 watt will produce too much heat. So you will have to adjust the fixture up off the cage for distance to find the sweet spot.

Ok great, I will go with the 60W and monitor my temps.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Back
Top Bottom