lighting for a 33"X33"X55"

would 2 24" fluorescent tubes be to much for a enclosure of this size?

the bulbs are, all living things 24" tropical fluorescent, 17 watt 25 uvb.

Nobody has any info on this?

Hi
I will jump in...
:)

It would not be too much...
as a matter of fact, if you are doing live plants...
You will need more!

That is only about 34 watts total of flo light... and that is not a whole heck of a lot with live plants.

Also,
I fear with the screening knocking down the UVB by 25% - 35% --on that t8 UVB bulb -- it may not be enough UV if it is only a 5% UVB bulb.

Hope this helps!:D
Thanks
Todd

Todd helped me with my indoor Parson habitat, he does know his lighting systems. If anything h's easily one of the best people talk to about Chameleon lighting

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't to concerned about the mesh, because when I built the cage I used 1/2"X1/2" garden screen so I figured it would get through ok. When I get a chance I will post some pics so you will be able to see the setup and give me anymore pointers.

Thank you for your time.

Yes Todd is great, he just told me through email this morning I was planning on too much light. 8 4ft T5's was a bit overkill :D right now I have a 2x2x4 and run 6 t5 on it 1 12% uvb and the rest 6500k plants and cham are doing great.

Mesh won't be an issue for you, but I would say that may not be enough light, especially if the enclosure is heavily planted. Pics would help though. ;)

Here is Simba's setup

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom