Lighting for 18x18?

saradoggy10

Established Member
I'm getting an 18x18x36 enclosure for a female panther and I'm trying to find the most convenient UV light to put on. What would you suggest? The Arcadia ProT5 comes in nothing less than 24inch and boy that's a little too long to fit on. I'll be buying that one for the male's 24x24x48 enclosure.

I would get the 2x2x4 cage for the female as well. A permanent lay bin will take up quite a bit of room. Then you can get the fixture you want for it.

I would get the 2x2x4 cage for the female as well. A permanent lay bin will take up quite a bit of room. Then you can get the fixture you want for it.
I might upgrade later but for now for several reasons I can't. One of the many being the 18x18 was on sale and I already bought it.

Well the smaller ones are harder to find. I know there is a brand called sunblaster. I have no experience with them though. You could get the 24 then run diagonally on the cage so it does not seem so big. then at least you have the right size if you upgrade.

Well the smaller ones are harder to find. I know there is a brand called sunblaster. I have no experience with them though. You could get the 24 then run diagonally on the cage so it does not seem so big. then at least you have the right size if you upgrade.
That might actually be a good idea. I wanted to have an extra for quarantine but I could just move the light if necessary. I'll check out both!

T5 UVB bulbs only come on 4 sizes. 12 inch, 24, 36, 48.

Best bet is to get a 24 and turn it like Beman said.

Back
Top Bottom