lighting...confused

mavl666

I am a bit confused here about lighting. I have a silver dome clamped fixture with a 75 watt daylight. I was told this is all I need because I am placing the cage by a window and it will get UV and heat from the natural sun light. But I see here that people have 2 bulbs. Should I use the 12" flourecent fishtank fixture,not in use, for UV along with the the other light? Or am I ok as is? The cage is in the wamrest room of the house.

Thanks

UV does not penetrate glass. You need to buy a UV linear bulb to put in your fixture. The clamp light is right on. Just be sure to check your temps so they stay about 85 under the bulb. I do hope you have a screen cage??????

When you buy a uv florescent bulb, make sure you get a reptisun 5.0 or 10.0. You can use any florescent fixture from the hardware store to house it.

I am a bit confused here about lighting. I have a silver dome clamped fixture with a 75 watt daylight. I was told this is all I need because I am placing the cage by a window and it will get UV and heat from the natural sun light. But I see here that people have 2 bulbs. Should I use the 12" flourecent fishtank fixture,not in use, for UV along with the the other light? Or am I ok as is? The cage is in the wamrest room of the house.

Thanks

about lightings read my post at:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-enclosure-19933/#post169360

Back
Top Bottom