Lighting choice - reptisun 5.0 18" t8, reptisun 10.0 22" t5ho or LYR tropic blaze?

Bonginator

I am getting a 4 month old panther and setting up a medium size (16" x 16" x 30") cage with hopes of moving to a large cage at 8 mos (2' x 2' x 48).

I'd like to buy lighting just once and am trying to determine what to buy.

I have had recommendations for:
Reptisun 5.0 18" t8
Reptisun 10.0 22" t5 high output
Light your reptiles tropic blaze 4 light setup with one 6% Arcadia uv bulb and 2 6500k daylight lights and 1 plant light.

I have some questions:
1. Can you overdo it with UVB lights and if so, how should I determine the right amount for my cages?
2. Is there a good inexpensive meter for determining the right amount of UVB?
3. Which of these would be a suitable solution for both my juvie cage and adult cages?
4. All of the light your reptiles lights seem out of stock. Anyone know when they will be available for order again?

Thanks!

Go ahead and get the 2x2x4 cage now. Hell be fine with plenty of climbing options.

Definitely LYR. There no comparison for the difference in light quality. But with a cage that size, do the double fixture with one 6% and one 6500k.

Contact the LYR guy. He is very nice.

I agree, the HO T5 lighting is the best option possible and I use them on all my cages.

If you want, shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

I agree with, Lathis. My regret is not doing a little more research and buying the light fixture and arcadia bulb from LYR. My current setup is the reptisun 5.0 T8 18" fixture and I am quite disappointed. I'll be looking to switch out when replacement time comes. The 2x2x4 size cage should also be fine. I had my 3 month old in it and was able to cup feed before he got comfortable hunting in his large enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom