Lighting and hear for baby veiled chameleon!

Definitely upset because I spent so much time and energy on this. I read Jackson’s are definitely harder to care for. Such a shame. But I definitely think I’ll go to a reputable breeder and find one myself.
What species do you want? Jacksons require much different temps and have to have them. Veileds like lower night temp drops but it is one of those things where they will not die if you can only get it down to 68 at night. Yes they would prefer 60 or maybe lower but they are hardier.

Honestly going to Petco and getting a veiled that just came in would be better then going with the place you mentioned and a few others that have them. You can actually see the baby and its size. See if it is alert with eyes open. But it is important to know how long they have had them. Under 2 weeks and you do not have to worry about over supplementation or mbd from back UVB lighting.

If you are looking into a jacksons now this is a great care sheet. And we have members here that have them... It might be a wait for one and they cost more then a Veiled but they are healthy captive hatched babies.
https://chameleonacademy.com/caresheets/

What species do you want? Jacksons require much different temps and have to have them. Veileds like lower night temp drops but it is one of those things where they will not die if you can only get it down to 68 at night. Yes they would prefer 60 or maybe lower but they are hardier.

Honestly going to Petco and getting a veiled that just came in would be better then going with the place you mentioned and a few others that have them. You can actually see the baby and its size. See if it is alert with eyes open. But it is important to know how long they have had them. Under 2 weeks and you do not have to worry about over supplementation or mbd from back UVB lighting.

If you are looking into a jacksons now this is a great care sheet. And we have members here that have them... It might be a wait for one and they cost more then a Veiled but they are healthy captive hatched babies.
https://chameleonacademy.com/caresheets/
I actually found someone near me who breeds them. He showed me videos and pictures of her and he’s local so it worked out much better. I definitely want a jackson down the line thank you for your help!

I actually found someone near me who breeds them. He showed me videos and pictures of her and he’s local so it worked out much better. I definitely want a jackson down the line thank you for your help!
Ok good luck with everything. you mention a her so remember husbandry is different for females and you will need to provide a lay bin.

Ok good luck with everything. you mention a her so remember husbandry is different for females and you will need to provide a lay bin.
Yes I was actually looking into this do you have anything information or sources I can use/read?

Feeding is reduced for females as they age... UVB lighting and supplements need to be correct as well. Temps should be 78-80very max... Temp and food intake directly impact clutch size.
Here is a good link for you.
https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/
Thank you so much !!!!! You’ve been an amazing help everyone here is great. Another question I did have was a fogger. My room is at about 30% humidity. Ran into trouble with containing humidity as well as heat with wire cage. Saw someone say use window insulation tape which my boyfriend has so I’m gonna try that on two of the walls. What would you recommend for humidity? I read some people say spray for a minute straight three times a day. We bought an automatic mister as well. And we have a dripper. Is a fogger necessary you think? I tried the spraying as a trial today and it went up to 56% but 30 minutes later right back down.

Thank you so much !!!!! You’ve been an amazing help everyone here is great. Another question I did have was a fogger. My room is at about 30% humidity. Ran into trouble with containing humidity as well as heat with wire cage. Saw someone say use window insulation tape which my boyfriend has so I’m gonna try that on two of the walls. What would you recommend for humidity? I read some people say spray for a minute straight three times a day. We bought an automatic mister as well. And we have a dripper. Is a fogger necessary you think? I tried the spraying as a trial today and it went up to 56% but 30 minutes later right back down.
Your welcome. If your ambient is 30-40% in the day it is perfectly fine for a Veiled. You really do not want to mist much at all during the day. You do not want to create a hot moist environment where bacteria grows. So misting in the morning and evening before and after the basking lamps kick on are best. Per the fogger. If you utilize one you need to use it only at night say midnight to 4am when the cage is its coldest. Keep in mind your looking for temps under 67 at night with a fogger as well. It needs to be a cool mist one. This is another form of hydration. It does not mean you have to use it but it is an option. If you have a dripper the cham will utilize that as well. But everything in the end is based on the color of the Urate.

What you must keep in mind is that your ambient conditions are not the same as others. So your tweaking it to fit your conditions. There are guidelines you can go by but they are just that. I deviate due to my ambient conditions. This is what you really have to understand. There is not just one way there are many ways to achieve the same outcome. :)

Reading through this husbandry program will give you a far better idea of what you need to provide and how you can go about doing so. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Your welcome. If your ambient is 30-40% in the day it is perfectly fine for a Veiled. You really do not want to mist much at all during the day. You do not want to create a hot moist environment where bacteria grows. So misting in the morning and evening before and after the basking lamps kick on are best. Per the fogger. If you utilize one you need to use it only at night say midnight to 4am when the cage is its coldest. Keep in mind your looking for temps under 67 at night with a fogger as well. It needs to be a cool mist one. This is another form of hydration. It does not mean you have to use it but it is an option. If you have a dripper the cham will utilize that as well. But everything in the end is based on the color of the Urate.

What you must keep in mind is that your ambient conditions are not the same as others. So your tweaking it to fit your conditions. There are guidelines you can go by but they are just that. I deviate due to my ambient conditions. This is what you really have to understand. There is not just one way there are many ways to achieve the same outcome. :)

Reading through this husbandry program will give you a far better idea of what you need to provide and how you can go about doing so. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
Thank you again this is super helpful I’ve been really nervous and want everything perfect for her. I’ll keep tweaking it throughout the day and see what’s going to work best for her, thank you so much !!!

Back
Top Bottom