lighting and ficus tree need imput

erik775

Established Member
so every time i have a ficus in my chams cage in the house it ends up falling apart and not surviving in the cage and i few weeks ago i decided to buy a small grow light from home depot and clone my big ficus tree and it worked out pretty good they already started to root and grow new leaves under that light ...would it be ok to put that same grow light on top of my chams cage along with the basking light and reptiglow light with out it harming my cham in order to keep my ficus alive???
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/cat...=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=SEARCH+ALL

its the first one the 49.97 one...would that keep a ficus tree alive???

Not sure about the lamp size... T8 or T5... but if it is one of those, you can install the ZooMed or ExoTerra lamps into the hood along side the lamps that come in the fixture, if they are of the same type and wattage.

I always use a 'grow light' in my fixtures. I used 48" T8 ZooMed 10.0 lamps with a 6500K 'grow light', in the same light hood.

The color temperature of 6500Kelvin is very similar to sunlight and has the correct spectra to keep plants alive that don't need a TON of lumens, such as ficus and schefflera and even pothos do very well.

Not sure about the lamp size... T8 or T5... but if it is one of those, you can install the ZooMed or ExoTerra lamps into the hood along side the lamps that come in the fixture, if they are of the same type and wattage.

I always use a 'grow light' in my fixtures. I used 48" T8 ZooMed 10.0 lamps with a 6500K 'grow light', in the same light hood.

The color temperature of 6500Kelvin is very similar to sunlight and has the correct spectra to keep plants alive that don't need a TON of lumens, such as ficus and schefflera and even pothos do very well.

yes there t5 ill do that,,,thanks:D

I think every tree need some lighting and they also want to ficus the tree. You can use some different types of lighting and its also available in the market. You have to select best light for related to your trees.

Back
Top Bottom