Lighting and activity

Bschucher

Established Member
Hey there. Just curious about something. So I moved Virgil into his bigger 24*24*48 enclosure a cpl weeks ago and he seemed to be a bit more active. The other thing I did just a few days ago was add a nice jungle dawn led for the plants and I have to say, he seems WAY more active during the day since adding the grow light. He was and is of course getting his usual uvb and heat so that hasn't changed. Is it possible that the increase in "daylight" has seemed to have such a positive effect on him? Coincidence?

It's actually quite nice to see. Do most of you just use typical uvb only? If I hadn't put live plants in, I doubt I would have ever tried this

What's a "typical uvb"? AFAIK, the hobby standard is (or is becoming) a T5 HO linear UVB w/ reflector. Since most single T5 HO fixtures are made by the same company/factory in China, they are all coming with a reflector. AGAIN, AFAIK, most fplks are using 5.0 or 6%, though a few use 10.0 or 12% at greater distance, and a few are still using T8s.

I can't imagine not using only live plants. Live plants help increase and maintain humidity.

The other thing I did just a few days ago was add a nice jungle dawn led for the plants and I have to say, he seems WAY more active during the day since adding the grow light.
This is exciting to hear! I have a jungle dawn for my new enclosure (no cham yet) so I’m excited to see the response. I did not have any plant/LED lighting in my prior cage and it always seemed like something was missing, but at the time I couldn’t put my finger on it!

I had a dome for basking and a quad t5 that runs 1 uvb and three 6500k bulbs to help with plants but the sansi led is a game changer. When I first introduced it he was like huh what's that
Why would the sansi be different than another daylight bulb?

Check the spectrum on the other bulbs this is the sansi 70w it kicks ass

Attachments

• PXL_20210301_012451187.jpg
    PXL_20210301_012451187.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom