Lighting above cage??

Amee97

Hi everyone, So I am fairly new to this forum and new cham owner :) I have two 48" sun blaster fixtures one with a 6400k grow bulb and other with a reptisun 5.0 uvb. My question is how close to or far away from cage should they be? The fixtures hang from ceiling and are not built to sit directly on top of a cage. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

I have a uvb florescent tube/LED combo light hood and it rests directly on top of my screen cage. My basking light/dome sits on top in the back right corner.

Ok cool so about 2-4 inches or like 4-6? I don't have a uvb tester so just going off advice lol! I will be purchasing one soon though ;) Thank u for your time and advice!

I wish mine just sat on top of the cages but the fixture is not built that way they're built to hang from ceiling or canopy! It would make life a whole lot easier if it did just sit on top but I know I can get some good advice from members on this forum:)

You can still just set them on the cage.

Okay I googled them, you are using them without reflectors? You can not use them like that, or you should not, I mean.

Buy some snap on reflectors for them and then set them on the screen. Even if you hang them they need reflectors.

Back
Top Bottom