Light Your Reptiles Jungle Dawn® 40w MEGA Plant Grow Spotlight experience

Deo

Hello everyone! I recently made the plunge and made my first purchase from Light Your Reptiles. I had finished my custom enclosure that I spent months on putting together, lots of hard work and time... not to mention money. I outfitted it with a ton of live plants and had been having the worst time keeping them all alive. I had multiple die, and multiple that I had to keep switching out to give them sunlight. And my lighting was just blah. It was average, and I wanted better for my new enclosure that I had put a lot in to.. Sooo those are all of the things that led up to me looking in to Light Your Reptiles. And let me tell you, it was a GREAT decision.

I had heard a lot of people raving about Todd at Lightyourreptiles.com and their great experiences. So obviously that is why I went there. But even knowing that, I was still blown away by the quality and my experience as a whole.

The customer service was the best I've received in years.. if not ever. I got a quick reply via email from Todd and told him my situation and he led me in the right direction without trying to take advantage of my little to no knowledge in lighting. He continued to respond very promptly until I was fulfilled and knew exactly what was going on and what I was going to purchase.

The product itself,the Jungle Dawn® 40w MEGA Plant Grow Spotlight, BLEW me away! I knew it would be awesome, but wow! this light is insane! I have a very large, deep enclosure and had never had the whole thing lit up. But this little compact light reaches to the depths of my cage and hits every plant I have. It is beyond what I imagined it would be. The quality is astounding. The only complaint is that now I notice dirtiness and smudges that I hadnt/couldnt have seen before without the jungle dawn.

My overall experience with Todd and Light Your Reptiles was AMAZZZZING. And I am not the type to go on forums or websites and write reviews. as a matter of fact, I dont know that I ever have.. But I felt like it was my duty to get on here and share my experience like so many others have and let everyone know that if they are in need of any lighting... go to LYR. hands down.. I don't need to say anything else.

p.s. will include some pictures of the packaging, the light itself and the light in my enclosure. Thanks Todd @ LYR!

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_1158.jpg
    IMG_1158.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_1156.jpg
    IMG_1156.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 408
Todd is awesome! That light definitely looks impressive. I hope it helps your plants thrive.

he definitely is! and I contemplated posting the pictures or not.. pictures just DONT do it justice.. it was literally like night and day with just this single, small spot light.. it's hard to tell from the pictures but it is insaaane how bright it is and how well it lights up the entire enclosure.. only time will tell as far as the plant growth goes, but I know I won't be disappointed! Well worth the money.

pretty but I ´ve hear led is not good for chameleons eyes

Well, I couldn't tell you for sure.. I am sure Todd at LYR knows more than I do and would have advised against getting it if that was the case. But, I have it on from 11:00-3:00 every day and she always goes under it and seems to love when it is on.

That looks amazing!! Not to take the focus off the dawn...but is that an led uvb light?

No. Two basking spots, a reptisun UVB linear tube, a fixture I previously had for plant growth (wasn't big/strong enough) and of course the jungle dawn!

Yes Todd is great. I only buy from him. 4 reptile cage all with his lights. My cham is in a 5 foot tall cage and has a quad system on it. Never needed anything else. You should have been fine with a quad on your set up. One of the bulbs in it has a grow bulb. Plus it comes with the blue moon lights. Now that is even more cool to see in person.

Everyone- Thank you for the kind words...
You know...
It is due to support like this that allows LightYourReptiles.com to find, test, invent and develop all these new great products.
:D
And I appreciate that!

It is hard to see in pictures just how natural and bright the stream of light these give off really is...
but when people first see them in person, they are like "OH my!". :)

Plants thrive and GROW like crazy with these lights. Guaranteed.

These were such a home-run hit, that Arcadia has picked them up to sell in UK and all over Europe:
http://arcadia-reptile.com/jungle-dawn-40w-spot-led/

So European forum readers can get them over there too at their local quality pet stores that carry Arcadia or at the finest European online pet retailers!

As mentioned above... these have sold out in the States temporarily (since they went "viral" :eek:)
But no worries, More are being made at the factory by the Jungle Dawn® Crew as we speak and will be back in stock around mid- late Oct.
:)

Thank you.;)
Cheers!
Todd

I'm sure Todd here can give you a professional and knowledgeable reply about this.

6.5K light means that it is just the same kelvin color "temperature" as very white daylight.

Natural Daylight is usually between 5.5K - 6.8K.... so 6.5 is just right.:)

Back
Top Bottom