Light, temperature regulator.

2134bean

So I've been wondering if there is a device that will turn my heat lamp on and off if it gets too hot or too cold. I work at a restuarant sometimes doubles. I always come home to check on her during my breaks but I'm about to not have that opportunity anymore. I was wondering if there was something I can get to help monitor/ regulate the temperature. Thanks for anyone and everyone's help!

You cannot keep turning her lights on and off. They need a full 12 hour cycle. If it's getting to hot then you need to get a lower wattage bulb. What are you using to measure temperature with? A diginal thermometer with a probe is recommended. Can you post pics of your cham and enclosure? I don't think yours has been seen since you've joined(?)

So I've been wondering if there is a device that will turn my heat lamp on and off if it gets too hot or too cold. I work at a restuarant sometimes doubles. I always come home to check on her during my breaks but I'm about to not have that opportunity anymore. I was wondering if there was something I can get to help monitor/ regulate the temperature. Thanks for anyone and everyone's help!
Two things I did:

1. I found a thermometer that I can set ranges and when it gets too cold or too hot, it will beep to let me know. However, since your not home, probably not going to help much.

2. The thing that helps me was raising the light and using the correct wattage. It takes some playing around to see what height works to maintain the correct temp, but that’s what helped me! 🙂

https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-repti..._IryZce-8ycmYGT5ZMc4UqRRS0xh3xE4aAn0VEALw_wcB

You cannot keep turning her lights on and off. They need a full 12 hour cycle. If it's getting to hot then you need to get a lower wattage bulb. What are you using to measure temperature with? A diginal thermometer with a probe is recommended. Can you post pics of your cham and enclosure? I don't think yours has been seen since you've joined(?)
Alright, so I do live in alabama where It is always hot, I always keep her uvb on and only turn the heat bulb on and off only when it gets too hot. Usually she stays in the low 80s but sometimes it trys to jump up and I just turn the heat bulb off and watch it. I also have a fan set up next to the door in the room I have her so that she gets ventilation. Here is a link to my last thread thay has updated pictures of her and her enclosure. Thank yall so much!

Also what would you recommend for it staying a little bit too hot at night, her enclosure was around 70 last night and I wanted it to be around 60, any way I can fix that without putting a fan too close to her?

Herpstat makes a great auto dimable device. It is what I use. You set your day cycle and night cycle so it will not turn on at night. But you set it to dim mode and then hook in the probe at basking below the heat fixture. Set the desired temp. This will make it dim up or dim down to keep the temp where you want it. Also will turn off totally if your basking temp has exceeded the temp set. This is the herpstat 1. I have the herpstat 2. The difference is I can control 2 sensor rather then just one https://spyderrobotics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=25

You can use an oscillating fan a few feet back from her cage. You can also use a computer fan on top pulling air up and out of the cage rather then into the cage. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OWVUJ0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am using a personal evap cooler to cool my cage at night. This has worked really well for me the last few weeks. I do not have air conditioning and no window in the cham room for a window unit. Its a bit tedious to deal with every night putting ice cubes in the tray with cold water but I am getting a good 10 degree drop with it. You do have to change the filters which is my biggest issue right now because mine are sold out everywhere.

First, I think it'd be preferable to set up the basking light to provide correct temperatures in a gradient range, which can accommodate small changes in temperature. This is done by mounting the basking light at an angle. Then your cham can choose the temp it prefers to bask at. Later, when you've had a chance to monitor with a digital thermometer with probe, you can fine tune distance & angle to cater to your cham's preferences.
1622990958434.png
Rather than turning the light on & off, I would install a thermostatically controlled ultra-quiet muffin fan to draw off excess heat when necessary. This is pretty inexpensive to set up. I got one from these guys with a settable temp control that I use on my bearded dragon enclosure. It's been running beautifully since installed 1.5 yrs ago.

Not sure if these are available US but i have a microclimate evo dimming thermostat which also can be set to pulse or on off which are for different heat sources. It logs the temperature over a 24 hour period & also has an auxiliary channel with a timer function which i run the uvb & jungle dawn through.
Allows me to run all my powered equipment for cham enclosure off two power sources 🙂
16230012997484319052547463909049.jpg

Back
Top Bottom