Light selection

You can use this to light the enclosure, but you still need to provide a separate UVB source as well as a heat/basking lamp. So if you're looking for a "all in one replacement," there isn't one.

Truthfully you don't NEED a grow lamp. Depending on the plants you use, you may not necessarily need one. Will it help in most cases...?Sure. But a Separate dedicated UVB and basking light you'll need 100% of the time. UVB bulbs can be found in all sorts of sizes. I've seen some as long as 4 ft.

Truthfully you don't NEED a grow lamp. Depending on the plants you use, you may not necessarily need one. Will it help in most cases...?Sure. But a Separate dedicated UVB and basking light you'll need 100% of the time. UVB bulbs can be found in all sorts of sizes. I've seen some as long as 4 ft.
Oh I'll definitely need a grow lamp. The enclosure I'm building will have to sit about 5 feet from the nearest window (it's in my room and my queen sized bed and bedside table will be between it and the window.) His current cage is sitting at a similar distance and in the first month or two the shefflera he has lost at least half it's leaves. It took me a while to figure out it was because it wasn't getting enough light.

But in order to save space would it be enough of each type of light if I bought a single fixture that holds two bulbs and just used one uvb and one grow bulb?

But in order to save space would it be enough of each type of light if I bought a single fixture that holds two bulbs and just used one uvb and one grow bulb?

Yes! I have a Quad Fixture, It has one UVB bulb, one grow light and two regular bulbs for lighting of the cage. In addition, I have the separate Basking bulb in a separate fixture.

Awesome! Cause I only have a 2'x2' space to work with and I need to fit all the three types of lights plus a Mistking rain nozzle.

Although this is accurate in it's literal text, I would argue (I know, right? Me argue??? :eek::LOL:) that having multiple sources of light spectrum is more natural and beneficial to the animal. I use two different types of plant lights in my quad fixture just for that reason.

Although this is accurate in it's literal text, I would argue (I know, right? Me argue??? :eek::LOL:) that having multiple sources of light spectrum is more natural and beneficial to the animal. I use two different types of plant lights in my quad fixture just for that reason.

In my defense...I said it would help!

Back
Top Bottom