light question for my new Veild

Ryanlilb

Hey guys, i use to have a few panthers a few years ago and now getting back into it with a Veild that is about 8 months old from a friend and wanted to know what light fixture and lights would be recommended for him. He will be in a 2x2x4 cage. I have been reading a lot of posts on the subject, but just curious on what you guys are running and what is working best for you.

I'm going to be getting some Arcadia brand ones in January, but I'll go for the 6% for my chams as the lights are inside the vivariums.
The most often recommended bulb has to be the Reptisun 5.0 tube.
Reptiglo does the same thing but they need replacing more often as the quality decreases so quickly.
I've used both reptiglo and reptisun and they have worked fine.
Here is a great all-round caresheet for Veileds that I recommend to everyone - https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/chameleonsinmyhouse/395-veiled-chameleon-care-sheet.html

I'm going to be getting some Arcadia brand ones in January, but I'll go for the 6% for my chams as the lights are inside the vivariums.
The most often recommended bulb has to be the Reptisun 5.0 tube.
Reptiglo does the same thing but they need replacing more often as the quality decreases so quickly.
I've used both reptiglo and reptisun and they have worked fine.
Here is a great all-round caresheet for Veileds that I recommend to everyone - https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/chameleonsinmyhouse/395-veiled-chameleon-care-sheet.html

Good to know you also have your lights inside viv!

With the 4footer cages i always recommend the 10.0 or the arcadia 6%. Id even recommend the 12% if you had a uv meter and could "tune" it. The main reason for the higher output bulbs is the min uv radiation zone starts at the 2.5ft mark instead of the 18" mark with the 5.0's. Now 5.0s are perfect for long tanks that are only 18"-24" tall.

Depends on where you are. I got mine from Light Your Reptiles (a site sponsor). Todd is a great resource and very helpful. Check out the site!

i agree, hit up a sponsor, light your reptiles.

i emailed, todd responded quickly and made the order very easy!!!

mine are due in monday (fingers crossed)

Back
Top Bottom