Life plays a joke

bobcochran

Chameleon Enthusiast
Spent Memorial Day weekend honoring the vets-by being productive. Reroofing the garage. You know, 2 story, steep pitch, rusty nails, new plywood, power saws, pneumatic nailers, shingles, utility knife, hanging on for life. Anyway, got down Monday evening, wife's out of town, ate dinner, washing the dishes cut my finger, 5 stitches! WASHING THE DISHES!!!

Don't feel bad...I know someone who broke their arm playing tiddly winks. On the first day of a 2 week marathon cleanout of my Dad's house I stuck my hand into a large paper bag and slashed my index finger to the bone on a broken plate. 6 stitches (as well as internal muscle sutures), and a minimally-functional hand for the rest of the job. At least I had a great excuse to hire a handyman instead of doing it all myself! Oh, then there was the time when I stepped out of a truck on the job, my foot slid off a big grass tussock, and wham, ankle sprain. Fell flat on my face in front of a colleague. When I said it was a sprain, their response was "I don't see a hole anywhere, how could you sprain it?" That ankle had been sprained so many times it would buckle in a paved crosswalk. Yep, did that too right in front of an airport.

Last edited:
Yeah I got off work today...

Been throwing up for hours, I have no idea what's going on..

If I drink water, gag..

Pedialite, gag..

Saltines, gag..

Sprite, Totally fine. Lol, go figure..

Yeah I got off work today...

Been throwing up for hours, I have no idea what's going on..

If I drink water, gag..

Pedialite, gag..

Saltines, gag..

Sprite, Totally fine. Lol, go figure..

Hope you start feeling better Scout.

@bobcochran, it's butter knives for you from now on :)

Back
Top Bottom