Life of Superworms?

I think they start to want to pupate at 5 months old so my guess is they die if they don't get to fulfil their beetle destiny :)

I almost thought i was going to read a thread about a day in the life of superworms....

"It was a day unlike any others- a hand came down and chose me, to take me to the glorious outside world. But wait... whats that over there? A creature of such monstrous size surely will be my friend......"

I think it's about a year or so, that's been my experience at least. Do you not want them to pupate and breed? They are quite easy feeders to raise and maintain - I bought 1000 and it's lasted me a couple of years, just by breeding them.

I think it's about a year or so, that's been my experience at least. Do you not want them to pupate and breed? They are quite easy feeders to raise and maintain - I bought 1000 and it's lasted me a couple of years, just by breeding them.

I just don't have the time to seperate all the worms out into little containers. :)

You only have to separate out about 2 dozen and you can do it 1 dozen at a time. When they turn into beetles they will mate like rabbits and you'll end up with hundreds of superworms. It does take a little time, but is worth all the money you'll save. I bought 3 plastic containers from a sewing store that you use to separate thread. Then I punched air holes in the top - you just drop 1 worm into each square and voila - wait about a week and you have "aliens". Pull them out, and wait another week and you have beetles. Just in case you change your mind, now you have a "how to" guide :D

You only have to separate out about 2 dozen and you can do it 1 dozen at a time. When they turn into beetles they will mate like rabbits and you'll end up with hundreds of superworms. It does take a little time, but is worth all the money you'll save. I bought 3 plastic containers from a sewing store that you use to separate thread. Then I punched air holes in the top - you just drop 1 worm into each square and voila - wait about a week and you have "aliens". Pull them out, and wait another week and you have beetles. Just in case you change your mind, now you have a "how to" guide :D

Thanks for that. :D

I think y'all are going to end up inspiring me to start breeding my own feeders. The money saved and not having to drive to the other side of town or order online would be more than worth it. We'll see

when i did it i just separated them with a fishing tacklebox. The clear plastic ones with a bunch of dividers. I think they sell them for beads at craft stores and hardware stores for knick nacks.

really easy.. just drop one in each slot.

Back
Top Bottom