License

AFH

Avid Member
I have seen a couple threads that mention a license for breeders. I did a thread search on licenses but couldn't really find an answer that expains what the license is, where you get it, and at what point you would need one.

Is there a selling threshold? ie if you had one clutch and sold it wholesale, would you need one? Or do you only need one if you actually incorporate a company that reports to the IRS? Do you need one before you ship across state lines?

Any help would be appreciated.

I did read that if you want to sell wholesale, you do need a license. I'm pretty sure that you don't need a license to ship across states unless for some reason the shipping company requires it. It may be that you need a license at the point that you call yourself a business, but if you call yourself a private breeder, it may be like dogs, you just breed them and sell them as you see fit.

Umm, let's see...

the business of breeding

shipping chameleons

You may have read these, but I this is where I read about licenses. I still don't know where to get one though.

umm... this site doesn't make much sense White tailed deer? What? I searched google for "texas animal breeding licenses"

Back
Top Bottom