Let's talk about vines

S0M3TH1NGC00L

To be clear, I'm talking about pumpkin vines. First, how would one go about turning some old vines that I liberated from my neighbors yard into safe and usable decor for a veiled chams home? More importantly, should I even spend the effort on these poor things? ( they're from probably almost a year ago) I've heard that pretty much everything pumpkin is good for chams, and I have no problem putting in the effort to make something comfy and safe for my boi. So, I figured I'd ask you guys and get all the advice I could before I tried anything. 😅 Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 16816159153703341134610639908457.jpg
    16816159153703341134610639908457.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 53
Hi. I would think that those would be on the fragile side and not hold up well to the conditions of a chameleon’s enclosure. A couple of years ago I had tried to utilize some of the passion flower vines that are trying to take over. Before they fully dried, I tried a couple of different things - braiding several together and just twisting. The braided ones held up quite well and that was to being left outside in the baking Florida sun, rain and all other conditions for over a year. I didn’t bring them inside and use them as I wasn’t sure the best way to clean them. I use scavenged branches that I gently scrub with dish soap and rinse with the hose. Didn’t think the vines would hold up well to that method. Plus, for a large amount of effort, I only achieved a couple of feet of usable vine. If I really wanted the natural vine aesthetic, it’s much easier to get some grapevine off Etsy.

Hi. I would think that those would be on the fragile side and not hold up well to the conditions of a chameleon’s enclosure. A couple of years ago I had tried to utilize some of the passion flower vines that are trying to take over. Before they fully dried, I tried a couple of different things - braiding several together and just twisting. The braided ones held up quite well and that was to being left outside in the baking Florida sun, rain and all other conditions for over a year. I didn’t bring them inside and use them as I wasn’t sure the best way to clean them. I use scavenged branches that I gently scrub with dish soap and rinse with the hose. Didn’t think the vines would hold up well to that method. Plus, for a large amount of effort, I only achieved a couple of feet of usable vine. If I really wanted the natural vine aesthetic, it’s much easier to get some grapevine off Etsy.
Thanks! I always follow your advice bc you scavenge for things like me lol

Back
Top Bottom