Let's talk about poop!

Buddythecham

Hey every one! I took my charm to the vet after we realized she wasn't doing so hot. My poor girl had mad from lack of calcium and trying to make eggs. I have been giving her the medications the vet prescribed. And since then she has not pooped. I got home this morning and she played 2 poops,they looked pretty healthy and normal. Next to her poop was this can anyone tell me what on earth is this!? It smelled terrible and it was super gelatinous ,very soft. Could this be a egg she was trying to pass?

Attachments

• 20180619_071606.jpg
    20180619_071606.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 20180619_071630.jpg
    20180619_071630.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 152
It almost looks like a urate but something is off. It looks so big and is not in the usual shape of a white deflated cylinder. This is what a normal urate looks like: Poop 101
I am not sure, but you would know if it was an egg because eggs come in a clutch. If there were a lot more little things like this, then perhaps. But since this is the only one (so far) then it is probably just an odd urate. Though, I have never had any experience with malodorous urates.

You state that since you took her to the vet and started the prescribed medication that she has not pooped. How long was that time frame?

Also, Fill out the help form and post it here so we can get a feel for your set up and routine

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

You state that since you took her to the vet and started the prescribed medication that she has not pooped. How long was that time frame?

Also, Fill out the help form and post it here so we can get a feel for your set up and routine
That period was around 7 days

• Chameleon is a veiled female. Not sure how old probably around 7 months.
  • Handling is only taken out to clean cage or give medicine.
  • Feeding she is a cricket diet girl. Mealworms on occasion along with bottle flys once a week. She gets fed once a day about 15 crickets along with some mango cubes ( on occasion). Gutloading the crickets with orange flukers complete feeding cubes. And the flukes quencher thirst blue product.
  • Supplements she takes a powdered light generic calcium dusting over the crickets every day before they go in her cage. Currently she is taking a carnivore fowdered food with water mix. And a small amount of calcium prescribed by the vet.
  • Watering she has a big dripper system that collects into a bucket at the bottom of her cage. I fill it every morning. Around 3pm for her.
  • Decal description she lays normal mid brown colored solid poop. Along with normal urates. However she hasn't pooped from 2 weeks until I posted this and then she has not pooped after since she laid these two poops and whatever that creepy thing was.
  • History I got her ever since she was tiny. She was super crazy about food. She currently has MBD but she is getting stronger and better each day it seems but not moving around like the vet said she should be by now.
Cage info:
  • Type Is a screened reptibreeze dimensions are 40x16x16.
  • Lighting. She has a basking spot light exoterra 100watt and a daytime 13wtt uvb 100 exoterra light. Her cage light time runs for 13 hours while I'm at work.
  • Temperatures she has around mid 80s under her basking spot at the top of the cage. Bottom of her cage is around 70s . Lowest temp it ever reaches it 60 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Humidity. Nothing much other than the plants she has in her cage.
  • Plants I've used live. She used to have a pothos and she has 2 tall bamboos for her to climb on. And 2 fake hanging plans.
  • Placement in a basement on a night stand about a foot and a half of of the ground, not in a high traffic area .
  • Location Burton township in FlintMichigan
  • Current problem identifying the object above and why will she not poop and move around more.

Back
Top Bottom