lets get to know one another????

hey whats up people!

im 16 still in HS..hahaha

but among having a hobby for chams...

i do weight-lifting and other sports, fishing, volnteer at dog rescue adoptions and at an emergency animal hospital(sometimes)- and am taking college classes to hopefully get my associates degree by the time i graduate from highschool :p
i started taking college classes in 6th grade:p

ummm...i am studying to be a veterinarian for exotic animals(reptiles, maybe birds, and unique mammals)

and also hope to be a chameleon/reptile breeder in the future as a hobby:cool:

i hope to rockclimb, hike alot, and sky-dive when i get the chance^__^

This is a great thread! :)

Well, for me. I am 16 years old, stuck in Watertown, SD not to far from Laurie :p well pretty far. ha!

I am currently in High School, getting through school right now, waiting to graduate at the end of my Jr. year, next year. and start college at the University of Minnesota for Architecture and Design, later to go to school for animal care (specifically for Reptiles and Amphibians.)

I don't really do much as to hobbies, just hang out with friends and find ways to help people with their animals. Currently looking for a job. its soo hard here D:

thats a little bit about me (kind of pathetic ha!)

also, I take care of my zoo :p haha. any other questions just shoot.

I'm 27, live in lafayette louisiana and have a multi-media company that I operate out of my home. My work is very challenging and requires imminent attention to detail as do my other hobbies which include, building and flying radio control jets and planes, and breeding raising feeder for my chams.

Hello all! My name is Dayna and I live down in Texas - no we do not ride horses to school. I'm about a year away from being an official veterinarian and I'll treat basically anything that comes in the door, but I'd prefer to work with reptiles and exotics. Being in vet school limits my extracurricular activities (currently taking 32 course hours) and I coordinate the largest community outreach and public education event at the college (Vet School Open House). But outside of school I like to draw, paint and especially sculpt. Love to take my dogs hiking or to the beach. Turtles have always been my favorite animal but I always wanted a chameleon - pretty sure if I'd had one when I was younger they might have been #1. But I still love my turtles and tortoises. :) And I'm still a newlywed to my highschool sweetheart. On our honeymoon I became addicted to scuba diving and hope to get to go on more dives soon! Maybe while the humpback whales are breeding around Hawaii...

Last edited:
My name is Farrah from WV USA, I'm 34 and a single mom of 3 beautiful boys, 14, 10 and 4.
I actually work at a pet store and am known as the reptile chick lol.
I try to study the care of every reptile I come in contact with so I can give the best advice to my customers.
I also own an online store that I have had for 3 years where I create digital scrap kits.
I also make candles from time to time.
This is me, although my hair is way longer now nad a bit more grey :)

me2.jpg

Well hello!...

Hi:)! My name is Amy, I live in NY, about 45 miles NW of NYC. I am a science teacher, and have been teaching for 17 years. I teach mostly chemistry to high school sophomores and seniors, and my husband teaches Physics across the hall from me. I am also a new teacher mentor and the science department chair at work. Besides spending time with my husband and our 2 children (4 & 6), working full time, and taking care of our lizards (10 chams & numerous bearded dragons). I love to cook, bake, collect gems, make jewelry, and shop for toys and clothes for my kids (I belong to a few kids fashion forums:D). I also sew occasionally, and keep orchids.

Hi I'm Ashley c: I'm 19 married
I'm originally from Louisiana and I'm living in Tacoma Washington.
I was working as a produce clerk but I'm in school now for dental assisting and hopefully after that ill go back to school to be a hygienist c:
My husbands a taper and is currently paying all the bills and the mortgage :p can't say I mind it haha!
What I like to do for fun? Hmm hang out with my friends I guess and I don't have any hobbies unless you count playing black ops haha.

Hello all...
Im Jonathen from CC Tx im 27 and im a Federal Fireman :cool: I have a stunning wife who is about to graduate from college and we have 2 boxers and 1 Cham. Im a gym rat so if im not working out im doing jiu jitsu, although im a nice guy i still like to choke someone out from time to time lol. Music,PS3, sports all awesome

Last edited:
Love this forum! I am 42, manager of a family owned pet supply and feed store for 8 years. I am living in sin with my fiance. We have a 4 yr old daughter, who loves all animals like me, inc. snakes and bugs, ( hurray), none of my other kids ever got into the animals even though they grew up with lots of exotics. I also have a 22 yr old daughter, 19 yr old son. I am really trying to get back to basics, so gardening, making own bread, etc...Hoping to raise some chickens this spring for eggs. This earthy stuff takes up a lot of time. Love the country, we live in the boonies by a lake, so we boat alot. Always been the weird chick who loves all living things, alternative music, body art,etc. I am part of a small drum circle. Love the chams, and dieing to get a Sambava next... Love the wide variety of people on here!

haha see we have some very interesting people on here and some very well achiveing young ones LoL. i love it!!!!!!

Hey all! My name is Gabbie and I am 23 years old (turning 24 on the 18th of March :eek:). I have a 3 year old son we named Elvis... Broke up with my bf of almost 6 years a few days ago and am in the process of moving out.

I live in San Diego and have been on and off living here for the past 5 years, lived in Tijuana Mexico for a little over a year and LOVED it. My home town is Corcoran California which is also the home of Charles Manson and PLENTY of high risk prisoners, I can say Charles Manson was my neighbor.:) I'm a small town girl whos hobbies include being surrounded by animals and wilderness, fishing, and caring for my animals.

Went to school and graduated as a Surgical Technician, worked with lots of great surgeons, and enjoyed all of the blood and guts. Still trying to find a job :rolleyes: but hope things turn around.

Edit: Forgot to include that I was born in Hanford California. Mom was born and raised in Jalisco Mexico and dad was born in Pueblo Nuevo Michoacan, Mexico. Spanish was my first language and learned english in school which has become my first language since I know it better. I have 2 younger brothers, one being 18 (and gay) and the other just turned 7 (suspect he is gay too) Lol!

IMG_0805.jpg

GabbiesIphone470.jpg

IT's always fun to include pictures. Lol!:p

Hey all! My name is Gabbie and I am 23 years old (turning 24 on the 18th of March :eek:). I have a 3 year old son we named Elvis... Broke up with my bf of almost 6 years a few days ago and am in the process of moving out.

I live in San Diego and have been on and off living here for the past 5 years, lived in Tijuana Mexico for a little over a year and LOVED it. My home town is Corcoran California which is also the home of Charles Manson and PLENTY of high risk prisoners, I can say Charles Manson was my neighbor.:) I'm a small town girl whos hobbies include being surrounded by animals and wilderness, fishing, and caring for my animals.

Went to school and graduated as a Surgical Technician, worked with lots of great surgeons, and enjoyed all of the blood and guts. Still trying to find a job :rolleyes: but hope things turn around.

IMG_0805.jpg

GabbiesIphone470.jpg

IT's always fun to include pictures. Lol!:p

ahh sorry to hear about your BF, moving must be a chore for you with all the amimals, sounds like youve had a interseting life so far.
keep your head up LoL:)

My name is Rachel and I just moved to oklahoma city less than a month ago to take a job in the herp department at the okc zoo! I am 23 and took my animals and bf 1100 miles away from home (michigan) to start fresh and I am loving it!!!

So I'm feeling more comfortable posting on this thread now, haha.
I'm Michael and I work for Socalgas. I currently hold an Admin position doing clerical duties and such. It's a very lucrative place to work. Recently moved from Pasadena to Riverside CA back "home." I own all kinds of animals and always have. I've got horses, ponies, St Bernards, chickens, chameleons, fish, snakes, a tortoise, and a bearded dragon.

And here I am in Hawaii!

Attachments

• 45651_1542097948153_1106072291_31528756_3332914_n.jpg
    45651_1542097948153_1106072291_31528756_3332914_n.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 166
Okay, I'll play....my name is not actually Eliza, it's Ellen. I am 52 years old. I work for a venture capital firm as the administrative manager (meaning: the employee). I have a 16 year old daughter a husband of 20 years, 2 dogs, 2 guinea pigs and one little Fischer's chameleon...oh, and hubby has a pond with fish outside.

I'm Kaylie, 20, grew up in Clearwater, FL. I'm going to school for Entrepreneurship, I want to own an open art studio with my friend Dave (pictured with me in the Updated pics thread). I've always loved art (specifically ceramics, I'm a 3D person, not too good with 2D) but don't like art classes because you always do what the teacher wants, not what you want. I figure an art job would be the same way (what the client wants)... and I don't like working for other people. If it doesn't work out, I can go in another direction possibly owning some sort of reptile/chameleon related business, but I'm hoping on the first one.
My three loves- art, reptiles, and the beach. And boyfriend of course ;)
No job right now, I quit my last one because the owners let their nephew get away with way too much (very long and bad story). I couldn't work for someone who let those things go on. As soon as my mom's new husband gets a new job I will become full time babysitter of my baby sister.
So right now I'm just chillin and gettin through school with goals of moving out into my own place eventually and gettin my business started within the next few years :cool: :D

I spent 23 yrs, 7 months, and a few days creating the worlds biggest ball of clothesdryer lint, in a bid to make the record books, only to discover it had been done! :(
Now im going for the record of of the shortest time I can destroy a copy of the Guiness book by throwing darts at it.....wish me luck :D

Back
Top Bottom