Lethargic with a shut eye

Kamrin119

I made a post earlier today about my chameleon squinting a lot. Although, it got worse throughout the day, and now when he barely opens his right eye and he always looks like he’s sleeping. He rarely moves from the branch he’s on. I tap him and he barley moves. I don’t know what to do and I’m so sad. Please help

Attachments

• 3EE2CA8F-2EBC-4F60-B2AA-3D5672E61B6C.jpeg
    3EE2CA8F-2EBC-4F60-B2AA-3D5672E61B6C.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 78
I made a post earlier today about my chameleon squinting a lot. Although, it got worse throughout the day, and now when he barely opens his right eye and he always looks like he’s sleeping. He rarely moves from the branch he’s on. I tap him and he barley moves. I don’t know what to do and I’m so sad. Please help

Your Chameleon -
helmeted Chameleon (triceros Hoehnelli) unknown gender (I think male). He is Finger-tip Small. I’ve only had him for a couple weeks.

Handling -
only to aid in food or water. Or to move stuff in the cage.

Feeding -
Crickets. When they are smaller he eats more but when they are larger he only eats 3 to 4 max. Everyday at noon. I feed them carrot and mango.

Supplements -
ZooMed Repti Cal with D3 once a week

Watering -
Water by hand when needed for a couple minutes. I Spray the cage and let him lick droplets off a syringe. My chameleon has to be forced to drink so yes.

Fecal Description -
Pee is white and poop is fine. No tests have been done

History -
Everything is above.

Cage Info:

Cage Type -
12 x 18 x 20 full screen enclosure. (He is small so the cage is not too big; He is smaller then my pinky)

Lighting -
I use ZooMed lights (it’s a dual dome basking and UVB) on from 10 am - 10 pm

Temperature -
Cage floor should be around 60°F, Basking is around 85°F. Lowest temp is probably 58-60°F.

Humidity -
Humidity stays around 50-60. I spray a couple of times a day and there is a humidifier by the cage.

Plants -
real plants

Placement -
On top of my dresser

Location -
Florida

Your Chameleon -
helmeted Chameleon (triceros Hoehnelli) unknown gender (I think male). He is Finger-tip Small. I’ve only had him for a couple weeks.

Handling -

Feeding -
Crickets. When they are smaller he eats more but when they are larger he only eats 3 to 4 max. Everyday at noon. I feed them carrot and mango.
I'M ANSWERING IN CAPS BECAUSE ITS. EASIER THAN COLOR...
HOW BIG ARE THE CRICKETS? I WOULD USE DANDELION GREENS, KALE, COLLARDS, SWEET RED PEPPER, SWEET POTATO, SQUASH, ZUCCHINI, ETC AND A BIT OF MANGO, BERRIES, MELON, APPLE, PEAR, ETC.

Supplements -
THAT SUPPLEMENT SHOULD BE USED ONCE EVERY SECOND WEEK LIGHTLY. YOU NEED A PHOS FREE CALCIUM POWDER TO USE ALL BUT 4DAYS A MONTH AND A VITAMIN POWDER WITH A BETA CAROTENE SOURCE OF VITAMIN A TO USE EVERY SECOND WEEK ONE DAY THAT WEEK ON OPPOSITE WEEKS FROM THE ONE WITH THE D3 IN IT...ALL LIGHTLY DUSTED.

Watering -
Water by hand when needed for a couple minutes. I Spray the cage and let him lick droplets off a syringe. My chameleon has to be forced to drink so yes.
BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET ANY WATER IN HIS LUNGS. THIS IS WHY I DONT LIKE TO SEE A CHAMELEON FORCED TO DRINK (UNLESS ITS SICK) AND ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SO SMALL. WHEN ITS THAT SMALL A DROP CAN EASILY GET INTO THE LUNGS.

Fecal Description -

History -
Everything is above.

Cage Info:

Cage Type -
12 x 18 x 20 full screen enclosure. (He is small so the cage is not too big; He is smaller then my pinky)

Lighting -
I RECOMMEND THE LONG LINEAR REPTISUN 5.0 TUBE LIGHT FOR UVB AND A REGULAR INCANDESCENT HOUSEHOLD BULB IF A BASKING LIGHT IS EVEN NEEDED. YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WITH BABIES THAT YOU DONT OVERHEAT THEM. THIS MIGHT BE HIS PROBLEM.

Temperature -
Cage floor should be around 60°F, Basking is around 85°F. Lowest temp is probably 58-60°F.

Humidity -
Humidity stays around 50-60. I spray a couple of times a day and there is a humidifier by the cage.

Plants -
real plants
DID YOU WASH THEM WELL...BOTH SIDES OF THE LEAVES?
ARE THEY NON TOXIC?

Placement -
On top of my dresser

Location -
Florida
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Your Chameleon -

Handling -

Feeding -
HOW BIG ARE THE CRICKETS? I WOULD USE DANDELION GREENS, KALE, COLLARDS, SWEET RED PEPPER, SWEET POTATO, SQUASH, ZUCCHINI, ETC AND A BIT OF MANGO, BERRIES, MELON, APPLE, PEAR, ETC.

Supplements -
THAT SUPPLEMENT SHOULD BE USED ONCE EVERY SECOND WEEK LIGHTLY. YOU NEED A PHOS FREE CALCIUM POWDER TO USE ALL BUT 4DAYS A MONTH AND A VITAMIN POWDER WITH A BETA CAROTENE SOURCE OF VITAMIN A TOMUSE EVERYBSECOND WEEK ONE DAY THAT WEEK ON OPPOSITE WEEKS FROM THE ONE WITH THE D3 IN IT...ALL LIGHTLY DUSTED.

Watering -
BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET ANY WATER IN HIS LUNGS. THIS IS WHY I DONT LIKE TO SEE A CHAMELEON FORCED TO DRINK (UNLESS ITS SICK) AND ESPECIALLYNWHEN ITS SO SMALL. WHEN ITS THAT SMALL A DROP CAN EASILY GET INTO THE LUNGS.

Fecal Description -

History -
Everything is above.

Cage Info:

Cage Type -

Lighting -
I RECOMMEND THENLONG LINEAR REPTISUN 5.0 TUBE LIGHT FOR UVB AND A REGULAR INCANDESCENT HOUSEHOLD BULB IF A BASKING LIGHT IS EVEN NEEDED. TOUNHAVE TO BE CAREFUL WITH BABIES THAT YOU DONT OVERHEAT THEM. THIS MIGHT BE HIS PROBLEM.

Temperature -

Humidity -

Plants -
real plants
ARE THEY NON TOXIC?

Placement -
On top of my dresser

Location -
Florida
[/QUOTE]
I am thank
Your Chameleon -

Handling -

Feeding -

Supplements -
THAT SUPPLEMENT SHOULD BE USED ONCE EVERY SECOND WEEK LIGHTLY. YOU NEED A PHOS FREE CALCIUM POWDER TO USE ALL BUT 4DAYS A MONTH AND A VITAMIN POWDER WITH A BETA CAROTENE SOURCE OF VITAMIN A TOMUSE EVERYBSECOND WEEK ONE DAY THAT WEEK ON OPPOSITE WEEKS FROM THE ONE WITH THE D3 IN IT...ALL LIGHTLY DUSTED.

Watering -
BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET ANY WATER IN HIS LUNGS. THIS IS WHY I DONT LIKE TO SEE A CHAMELEON FORCED TO DRINK (UNLESS ITS SICK) AND ESPECIALLYNWHEN ITS SO SMALL. WHEN ITS THAT SMALL A DROP CAN EASILY GET INTO THE LUNGS.

Fecal Description -

History -
Everything is above.

Cage Info:

Cage Type -

Lighting -
I RECOMMEND THENLONG LINEAR REPTISUN 5.0 TUBE LIGHT FOR UVB AND A REGULAR INCANDESCENT HOUSEHOLD BULB IF A BASKING LIGHT IS EVEN NEEDED. TOUNHAVE TO BE CAREFUL WITH BABIES THAT YOU DONT OVERHEAT THEM. THIS MIGHT BE HIS PROBLEM.

Temperature -

Humidity -

Plants -
real plants
ARE THEY NON TOXIC?

Placement -
On top of my dresser

Location -
Florida
[/QUOTE]
this seems like stuff to do for over time care.. which I’m so thankful for!... but I’m only gonna need it if he lives. He is really lethargic it’s scary and his eyes are closed most of the time but sometimes he will open them. Normally if I lightly tap his tail he scurries but I did it and he really barley moved.. it was so sad.. so like I need to know what to do now

I think you're overheating it and may have ended up with water in its lungs. Does it ever game with its head pointed up in the air? It seems to be in the photo.

I think you're overheating it and may have ended up with water in its lungs. Does it ever game with its head pointed up in the air? It seems to be in the photo.
I don’t know what you mean by game but he does put his head up in the air

Oops...darned spellcheck...not game...sit...really close eh?
Sitting with the nose up can indicate that she/he's having trouble breathing from water in his/her lungs or from being ill.

Your Chameleon -

Handling -

Feeding -

Supplements -

Watering -

Fecal Description -

History -
Everything is above.

Cage Info:

Cage Type -

Lighting -

Temperature -

Humidity -

Plants -
real plants

Placement -
On top of my dresser

Location -
Florida
When you say that every afternoon you feed "them" carrot or mango do you mean the crickets or the chameleon?

I'm asking because if you mean the chameleon I haven't ever ran into anything saying T.Hoes eating fruit for their diet. I even asked someone on here a while ago when I first got my yaki if T.hoes ate fruit or plants and i was told that they had never seen one eat plants or fruits before. That person was the main T.hoe person on here too, so maybe change the diet if you did mean that you fed that to the chameleon. I'm not saying that that's the issue here, it's just something that caught my eye while reading the post.

Oops...darned spellcheck...not game...sit...really close eh?
Sitting with the nose up can indicate that she/he's having trouble breathing from water in his/her lungs or from being ill.
Well yes he sits with his head up and then opens and closes his mouth. If it is water in the lungs what do I do???

Back
Top Bottom