Lethargic eater

SaintJimmy

Avid Member
Does anyone have any idea why Monty will take food directly from my hand or from his cup when I show it to him, but if I place a cricket on the screen he won't eat it?

He WILL NOT hunt the roaming crickets. Even if it's right in front of his face.

Spoiled rotten? Lol :p My little guy.. after a few days of feeding by hand WILL NOT hunt his crickets either. Spoiled is what I say it is. If I stop hand feeding he will eventually go catch the few that I leave in there.

Spoiled rotten? Lol :p My little guy.. after a few days of feeding by hand WILL NOT hunt his crickets either. Spoiled is what I say it is. If I stop hand feeding he will eventually go catch the few that I leave in there.

He MUST be eating while I'm not here though. My dad feeds him half the time and refuses to hand feed him so in order for monty to be alive he HAS to be hunting. He just won't do it in front of me?

I have the same issue,

mine wont drink in front of me, i caught her sipping from a leaf one time. She seems to eat and drink fine because i find fresh poop almost every morning.

I agree...simply spoiled. Pascal was doing this thing for a while where he'd only eat from our hands and not out of his cup. He'll get over it with some tough love. Such Diva's they can be!

I sure wish I had that problem, I could keep track of how many they eat and they won't get loose like free ranging crickets can. Mine won't even move if I'm in the room, much less eat from my hand. They are fresh from the jungle though, so I forgive them. :)

Back
Top Bottom